Drives Not showing up

The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: Drives Not showing up

Postby Seniorsjanis » Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:12 pm

jajarom wrote:You can contact Support here https://support.google.com/waze/answer/6276841?hl=en&ref_topic=6262587. Maybe will get answer

- Thanks for trying to help , but I know this contact form- it is automatic answering machine which will teach you to be patient ( I used this link before, it is empty time spending )
Seniorsjanis

Postby vince1612 » Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:29 pm

When delays occur, there is one question everyone should ask themselves: Is there anything going on globally right now?

Answer: Yes. The end of June and the start of July usually means there is a MASSIVE amount of loooo...ooong drives from people departing for summer vacation everywhere around the globe. We know this happens around Christmas too when people drive across country to visit family.
The servers are obviously having a hard time to record drives as fast as usual and it's not hard to figure out why in this case.

The "wait 7 days rule" is ok to apply every other time of the year, but always think that delays are to be expected when users no longer just use Waze to commute for distances within their home/work area, but instead become millions of people suddenly using it for greater distances.

I'm not surprised that there is a delay and points updates will surely also be impacted.
[ img ]
Wiki & Forum: Wiki CH (D) (FR) | Forum CH (D) (FR) (I)
1+1=3 - The result of bringing talents together goes beyond simply adding them up.
vince1612
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby vince1612 » Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:16 am

The longer the drive, the longer it will take to be processed and to appear, it can happen that shorter ones even appear before the long one.
[ img ]
1+1=3 - The result of bringing talents together goes beyond simply adding them up.
vince1612
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby vince1612 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:14 pm

Staff was notified, we haven't heard back from them yet
[ img ]
vince1612
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby vince1612 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:32 pm

The Waze team that deals with these issues has found the problem and will need to update the database with the missing data. They are currently trying to set a good date to run the process which can take around 20h to complete. Stay tuned.
[ img ]
vince1612
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

trips are not recorded/logged

Postby VolvoDriver64 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:32 pm

Hello,
a recurring problem that I notice, and especially yesterday.
When driving with WAZE and bringing other APPs on the foreground, then the trips are not always recorded.
For instance yesterday i drove quite a lot (> 300 km) but with waze mostly in the background, the APP_icon was always visible, i always had 4G connection, and the APP was regularly brought to the foreground for entering a new destination.
Today (jun 22nd) I already see the trip of this morning, i see the trips of 2 days ago, but nothing from yesterday?
Is there an explanation for this?

Thanks for any reply/help.
VolvoDriver64

Re: trips are not recorded/logged

Postby VolvoDriver64 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:32 am

hbiede wrote:]

Is this the case for screen off nav too?

Hi I don't know what you mean with "screen off nav" but with my situation i mean the following example : "turn waze on, give a destination, drive, after a time (while waze is on and showing the road) , go the home screen of your phone, open another app, keep that app visisble on the screen, in the meantime the waze icon is still active on the staus bar, view your list of active apps and select waze, the waze screen opens .

But I have the impression that even when the screen is on, trips are missing. As you can see in the attachment there is no trace of my trips on the 21st, the evening of the 22nd, 23th and 24th. And i am (almost) sure that at least during some trips the screen was always (or mostly) on for waze. So according to me waze is missing a lot of trips.
Attachments
waze_misses_trips.png
(3.59 KiB) Downloaded 112 times
VolvoDriver64

Previous

Return to Waze Map Editor