Unable to reply to Inbox message from volunteer  Topic is solved

The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: Unable to reply to Inbox message from volunteer

Postby kamonu » Fri Dec 28, 2018 2:48 pm

To see the messages from a UR conversation in the app it is necessary to have the notification setting "Community and feedback" checked.
kamonu
Wiki Master
Wiki Master

How can I reply to a comment on a map issue I reported???

Postby grumpybozo » Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:21 pm

I reported a minor issue via the app on 2019-02-01 and got a comment back 2019-02-02 via email from an editor asking for more information. In the email was this seemingly helpful bit:

You can reply using the Waze mobile app, or
https://mandrillapp.com/track/click/982 ... GJcIl19In0
in the Waze map editor.

The problems with this:
  1. In the app (iPhone, current version) there's no hint of any way to "reply" to or even see the issue report or the comment regarding it.
  2. The given link goes to the Map Editor with the reported are centered but, like the app, it also has no UI of any sort related to issue reports, comments on issue reports, or replies to comments on issue reports.

I DID send a PM to the editor who wanted more info, they replied, and the issue itself is resolved now. However, today I got a second email:

b0b2 on 02.06.2019 09:18 AM:

Just a reminder: We have not received a response on your report. If we
don't hear back from you soon, we will infer everything is okay and close
the report. Thanks!

You can reply using the Waze mobile app, or
in the Waze map editor.

And yet, still, there's no way I can find in the app or the Map Editor to do any sort of "reply" to anything...

WHAT AM I MISSING???
grumpybozo

Re: How can I reply to a comment on a map issue I reported??

Postby jm6087 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:55 pm

If you click the link provided for the map editor

You should be able to log into WME and it will open up the report.
Enter your comment and click Send

[ img ]
jm6087
Country Manager
Country Manager

Re: How can I reply to a comment on a map issue I reported??  Topic is solved

Postby vince1612 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:13 pm

From the App:
asset.JPG
(407.47 KiB) Downloaded 177 times
asset (1).JPG
(256.58 KiB) Downloaded 176 times
asset (2).JPG
(609.51 KiB) Downloaded 175 times
asset (3).JPG
(607.02 KiB) Downloaded 176 times

How it looks in the WME:
asset (4).png
(1.26 MiB) Downloaded 179 times
You should see the yellow report pin by default. If not, verify in the layers menu (top right) to see if "Issues - Map" is checked.

If the images don't load properly on the forum I've also put them here:
https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/ ... sp=sharing
[ img ]
Wiki & Forum: Wiki CH (D) (FR) | Forum CH (D) (FR) (I)
1+1=3 - The result of bringing talents together goes beyond simply adding them up.
vince1612
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby abc1357 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:10 pm

The problem is that WME defaults to the Issues Layer being off when a user is not a regular user of WME.

When a new user clicks on the link in their email, the UR is not displayed even after signing in. Even when the user reloads the tab, the UR is not displayed. How is someone who has not used WME before expected to figure out they need to check the Layers menu on the upper right to select the Issues check-box to see the UR?
Last edited by abc1357 on Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-- abc1357 --
Area Manager - Northern California

[ img ] [ img ] [ img ]
abc1357
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4

Postby grumpybozo » Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:39 pm

vince1612 wrote:From the App:

(image snipped)

Oh, I have a My Waze screen? With an inbox?
Somehow never saw those in my years of using Waze. Took me 15 minutes to figure out where that was hiding.

However, there are no messages there about my report. :?

More promising:

vince1612 wrote:How it looks in the WME:
(SNIP)
You should see the yellow report pin by default, if not verify in the layers menu (top right) to see if "Issues - Map" is checked.

Well, that worked. Thanks!
grumpybozo

No reply

Postby letsmotornm » Mon Mar 04, 2019 5:15 am

After I reported, via the app, that portions of a road are completely missing, I got a message that said, "tell us all you know about the missing road"...I replied to the message, but the reply was returned as undeliverable.

So I clicked the link in the message, again, to try to reply, and nowhere in that link/map/whatever do I see any place to explain "all I know about the missing road".

What a mess...

Is this really the best you can do Waze? There is NO WAY for a user to actually answer the question emailed to them?

And actually...why are you even asking? I mean, I'd be glad to answer, but apparently is very difficult to send an answer, and.or, not explained very well.

But this is really the crazy part...all you gotta do is look at the report, see what Waze is displaying (no road where a road DOES actually exist, and simply insert it).

Or...

Good grief...just look at a map! Why are you even asking the user in the first place?
letsmotornm

Re: No reply

Postby vince1612 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:34 am

letsmotornm wrote:I replied to the message, but the reply was returned as undeliverable.
That's because those messages are sent from the no-reply@waze.com e-mail address. It's common practice for companies to use such addresses for sending automated messages and the "no-reply" before the @ is usually there to inform the recipient that he/she should not respond directly to the e-mail.

letsmotornm wrote:So I clicked the link in the message, again, to try to reply, and nowhere in that link/map/whatever do I see any place to explain "all I know about the missing road".
Is this really the best you can do Waze? There is NO WAY for a user to actually answer the question emailed to them?
You will find a video linked in this post showing how to open the report and reply, and also explanations on how to reply from the App or from the Waze Map Editor with screenshots in this post.

As a side note, Waze staff does not read this forum, so sarcasm, snarkiness etc.. has no effect here. This is a community supported forum and you're only talking to other Wazers, like you.
[ img ]
Wiki & Forum: Wiki CH (D) (FR) | Forum CH (D) (FR) (I)
1+1=3 - The result of bringing talents together goes beyond simply adding them up.
vince1612
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Re: No reply

Postby G_W1Z » Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:54 pm

letsmotornm wrote:But this is really the crazy part...all you gotta do is look at the report, see what Waze is displaying (no road where a road DOES actually exist, and simply insert it).
Good grief...just look at a map! Why are you even asking the user in the first place?

Update Requests (UR's) do not always capture all of your driving data. The Waze wiki explains this extensively: https://wazeopedia.waze.com/wiki/USA/Update_Requests

As for why we ask the driver: for one, road signs can change over time and Google Street View may not have the latest imagery, so if we look at the map we may not be seeing the latest setup. We ask the driver because they have a boots-on-the-ground vantage point, which is incredibly valuable and essential to improving the map.
G_W1Z
Pennsylvania LAM (USA:NOR)
Waze Etiquette | Pennsylvania Editing
A Phoenix out of the ashes...
iPhone XS | Apple Car Play
[ img ][ img ][ img ]
G_W1Z
Area Manager
Area Manager

Re: Unable to reply to Inbox message from volunteer

Postby KaShum » Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:13 pm

I have tried to respond as well and now don’t even remember what the issue was that I reported.
KaShum

PreviousNext

Return to Waze Map Editor