The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

[bug] Rendering issues in WME in the Gaspésie area

Post by YogiJB
Hi staff/community,

We're encountering a really weird bug and it seems contained in a certain geographical area that we haven't figured out yet the size. But the bugs are around the Gaspé municipality in the Gaspésie peninsula in Québec province, Canada.

This was tested by at least two Montreal editors so far. Both in FireFox and Chrome, with and without extensions / plugins.

This is in the Production version of WME, not Beta.

Editing roads will not render the edits for hours or days. It's as if it's waiting for a tile rebuild, which should not be of any influence in WME. The edits do show up in the history of the segment. So a lot of subsequent edits will be met with an error " Oops! It looks like someone else changed one or more map objects you edited before you saved"

When making an edit to a road, such as dragging the segment elsewhere of adding points: right after saving, it will revert back to the original shape. Only hovering over with a mouse will show the new shape. However, as soon as the window gets refreshed (either hitting the PL button, or hitting F5 / CTRL+F5 in the browser) will see the road revert to its old form and no "ghosting" of the new shape / can't hover over and see the new shape.

Places that we've tried:
Places, however, seem to update correctly (I dragged the Entry Point to the airport a little,) so the issue seems isolated to road segments.
Also, in the next municipality over (Petite-Vallée) I can edit segments and no longer have this bug. E.g. Rue du Quai

Thanks!

N.B. Feel free to move this to the Beta Bug forum, but I won't be able to comment there as I'm not (yet) part of that group.

YogiJB
Answers: 1

POSTER_ID:17106774

Send a message

Post by vince1612
YogiJB wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:53 pm Hi staff/community,

This is in the Production version of WME, not Beta.

N.B. Feel free to move this to the Beta Bug forum, but I won't be able to comment there as I'm not (yet) part of that group.

I think this can stay here for now.

Question: Did this happen with previous production WME updates too or just this one?
  • If yes, it might be an IFS/SRE or tile/database issue and not directly related to the WME tool.
  • If not, there is a chance that since the current beta does not have this problem, as soon as they release it to prod the issue will be fixed.

vince1612
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
https://storage.googleapis.com/wazeoped ... v18.10.png
Wiki & Forum: Wiki CH (D)(FR) | Forum CH (D) (FR) (I)
1+1=3 - The result of bringing talents together goes beyond simply adding them up.
https://i.ibb.co/2k1TJHH/RIPIain.png

Post by YogiJB
vince1612 wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 5:12 am
Question: Did this happen with previous production WME updates too or just this one?
  • If yes, it might be an IFS/SRE or tile/database issue and not directly related to the WME tool.
  • If not, there is a chance that since the current beta does not have this problem, as soon as they release it to prod the issue will be fixed.
I don't keep a close eye on WME versions and when they are pushed through, so I can't give a useful reply to that.
YogiJB
Send a message