We're glad to finally announce that the v1.6 editor is now also available in the World environment.
Tile updates are expected to be a bit delayed in the next few days, but all editor functions are available and eventually all your edits will reach the tiles and clients of millions of wazers
There are many new aspects to this version. The best first step is to read the places wiki at https://wiki.waze.com/wiki/Places. You can also review the announcement threads for details on what has changes since the last version:
In addition, we are also upgrading the editor in NA / IL environments (this is the same version we just deployed in World). Changes are:
- You can now hide closed MPs / URs
- Smaller area places are always above bigger ones, so they are selectable
- You can now move area places around, again
- Bug fix - venue undo not working when changing lock rank
- Localisation plural support for ko, ja, ms, zh and ru
- Bug fix - restrictions edit time pickers in LTR languages
- Bug fix - Esc now cancels roundabout drawing
- Place categories are now sorted alphabetically.
As usual, we'd love to hear your feedback!