The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.
Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.
Moderators: Unholy, bextein
Hey! We're glad to finally announce that the v1.6 editor is now also available in the World environment.
Tile updates are expected to be a bit delayed in the next few days, but all editor functions are available and eventually all your edits will reach the tiles and clients of millions of wazers
There are many new aspects to this version. The best first step is to read the places wiki at https://wiki.waze.com/wiki/Places
. You can also review the announcement threads for details on what has changes since the last version:https://www.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=89731https://www.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=86708In addition, we are also upgrading the editor in NA / IL environments
(this is the same version we just deployed in World). Changes are:
- You can now hide closed MPs / URs
- Smaller area places are always above bigger ones, so they are selectable
- You can now move area places around, again
- Bug fix - venue undo not working when changing lock rank
- Localisation plural support for ko, ja, ms, zh and ru
- Bug fix - restrictions edit time pickers in LTR languages
- Bug fix - Esc now cancels roundabout drawing
- Place categories are now sorted alphabetically.
As usual, we'd love to hear your feedback!
Waze Product Team
- Waze Team
- Posts: 410
- Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:45 pm
- Has thanked: 0 time
- Been thanked: 1666 times
thanks for info, I was wondering how permalink from regular user points to beta WME and found that it is not beta...
one question to Places - areas. in Beta WME there is point to move the "landmark" but in prod I can't find it...
EDIT seems to be only temporary glitch, now it is OK.
SK Country Coordinator, SK Country Manager, Global Champ, Android Beta Tester
Waze 18.104.22.168 on HTC One M9, Android 6.0 @ white Škoda Octavia RS Combi
- Waze Global Champs
- Posts: 5498
- Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:13 am
- Location: Slovakia
- Has thanked: 615 times
- Been thanked: 1477 times
- Posts: 9734
- Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:43 pm
- Location: Netherlands
- Has thanked: 475 times
- Been thanked: 1331 times
Editing Places lowers the lock level to 1 upon saving.
- Posts: 209
- Joined: Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:43 pm
- Location: Split, Croatia
- Has thanked: 5 times
- Been thanked: 35 times
Alternate name can not be updated/deleted if "none" is selected on street name.
How to replicate:
1. Create a segment, fill city name and street name
2. Add alternate name
3. Select "none" on street name
4. Now you have a segment with alternate name but it can not be updated/deleted.
5. You must fill street name again if you want to edit/remove the alternate name
- Waze Global Champs
- Posts: 986
- Joined: Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:53 pm
- Location: Costa Rica
- Has thanked: 184 times
- Been thanked: 404 times
juankx wrote:Alternate name can not be updated/deleted if "none" is selected on street name.
This is a well-known, long-standing bug: https://bugs.waze.com/show_bug.cgi?id=6348
. Waze has confirmed this is a known bug.
- Waze Global Champs
- Posts: 23478
- Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:48 pm
- Location: US Country Manager - Oregon, USA
- Has thanked: 1084 times
- Been thanked: 4596 times
Im loving the new look, looks so much smoother
- Area Manager
- Posts: 300
- Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:12 pm
- Location: Manchester,uk
- Has thanked: 44 times
- Been thanked: 22 times
It would be nice activate the shift+D function to highlight segments nameless because in this version does not work.
- Posts: 833
- Joined: Sat Nov 09, 2013 1:01 am
- Location: Santa Marta - Colombia
- Has thanked: 1784 times
- Been thanked: 1081 times
Forgive my ignorance...still new to WME, but I did make some changes several months ago (probably before the new version) and now I'm wanting to make some changes/additions, when I click on the 'Edit The Map' from 'Live Map' screen, the screen goes blank, a progress circle appears in the middle of the screen (as if it's loading but no motion to it) and sits there. I even tried jumping directly from http://www.waze.com/editor
. Is it not availble to everyone?
- Posts: 24
- Joined: Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:02 pm
- Has thanked: 2 times
- Been thanked: 5 times
It is available to everyone and I just tested access without any problem.
I would suggest clearing your browser’s cookies and cache or using another browser to see if that solves the problem.
- Global Champ Mentor
- Posts: 2416
- Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:32 pm
- Location: México
- Has thanked: 132 times
- Been thanked: 878 times
Return to Waze Map Editor
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], Exabot [Bot], Google Feedfetcher