The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

long term exit ramp closures

Post by ASCLEVELAND
I live just off of the exit ramp for Eddy Road off of I-90 in Cleveland, OH. The Eastbound exit ramp has been closed for replacement for several months, and will be closed for two more months. The Eastbound OnRamp is now also closed as of Thursday.

I have reported this ramp closed about 6 times on the phone app, along with pictures and stating that it is a long term closure. However the closure only remains on the map for about 24hr. This means that every time I come home, or a guest comes over, Waze always incorrectly sends them on a route that is closed. How can I update the map to reflect this closure?

I would think (hope) that the Waze software could clearly see that no traffic has been on that ramp for months now and could know that it is closed simply by recording 0 traffic, while thousands of other cars pass by, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

I like Waze but I can't recommend Waze to new people when their first impression of Waze while coming to my house is bad directions. Thank you for your help.
ASCLEVELAND

POSTER_ID:16961468

Send a message

Post by Cheese_N_Krakens
Thanks for this Davielde, I had some roads around me with construction closures and couldn't figure out how to close them with a date range, this works super well!!!! :D
Cheese_N_Krakens
Send a message

Post by davielde
It's best to add segment restrictions using the Waze Map Editor. This allows you to add dates and times for closure. More detail on closures can be found on the wiki's Road Closure page here, and steps to implement restrictions can be found here.

If any segment is locked higher than your rank, you can attempt to get the attention of a rank 6 editor using the Chat feature in WME, or by posting to the US Unlock and Update Request thread.
davielde
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/6/69/W ... 00k_5c.png
CM: USA
SM: Michigan, Vermont
AM: Ann Arbor, MI & Thunder Bay, ON
WME Michigan

Post by yogi_fuggin_bear
That's not how the road closure works for the app. The app is just for what you're experiencing; temporary - real time - traffic issues. Road closures you submit in the app do not show up on the editor side so we're not seeing it. However, if you submit a map error report, that drops a pin on the editing side. You can do the same thing here on the site too:

https://www.waze.com/livemap?lon=-81.60 ... 03&zoom=16

Click where you think the closure starts and a window pops up. Right in the middle in red is "report a problem". Now, you only have 6 options here and non are "road closed", so just select one and then write a detailed note in the comments section. That will generate an Update Report (UR) that a local editor with high enough capabilities will see and correct for you.
yogi_fuggin_bear
Send a message
Last edited by yogi_fuggin_bear on Sun Jul 13, 2014 3:45 am, edited 1 time in total.