The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.
Post by gerben
In another thread about this, there was a 4th option:

- Mark them 2-way, but set their on-ramps as parking lot roads. This way, they should be ignored by the routing algorithm because of the high penalty on parking lot roads, but it is still possible to route from them if a wazer chooses this lane by himself (and the change from the normal lane is detected).
gerben
Send a message
Nokia Lumia 920 (WP8 3.7.6 client)
Countrymanager The Netherlands
[img]https:///EcBKq[/img][img]https:///WS6zp[/img][img]https:///Y17fx[/img]https://img69.imageshack.us/img69/35/luiconring.png

Post by gettingthere
Unfortunately HOV lane restrictions, time of day restrictions, person count, and toll roads are not supported presently in Waze.

Basically no option to allow routing onto the road in question during certain hours only.
gettingthere
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
San Diego, California USA and Tijuana, Mexico

gettingthere
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
San Diego, California USA and Tijuana, Mexico

Post by hvbeg
I got routed to the I-90 express lanes in Seattle again yesterday...the annoying thing is, I selected an alternative route, but the GPS lost track of me for a minute or so, and when it recalculated, it sent me back to the express lane route.
hvbeg
Send a message

Post by hvbeg
It will take time to change over I-90 and I-5 in Seattle to not route you there, but it sounds like that part already worked: it didn't route you there to begin with, right?
No, sorry I wasn't clear--it did route me to the express lanes initially. I picked an alternate route that didn't include the express lanes, but when the GPS lost connection and recalculated (which happened while I was still on surface streets), it sent me back to the original express-lanes route.

I'm getting routed to the express lanes on an almost daily basis, so I'm assuming either they haven't been updated as discussed here, or that map update hasn't made it to my phone yet.
hvbeg
Send a message

Post by hvbeg
Thanks for the fix, Alan! I haven't gotten any express lane routing in the last few days, and I was very excited during yesterday afternoon's commute when Waze routed me off I-90 for a couple of miles because the surface streets were moving faster. As it should be. :D Fixing the express lanes seems to have opened up lots of new routing options--I appreciate your work!
hvbeg
Send a message

Post by KevinFink
I live in the Seattle area and have been dealing with the simpler update requests. I ran into one set of ramps that hadn't been fixed while driving yesterday, and fixed them just now. If you have a second you might make sure what I did was correct. It's a little tricky to see as the aerial photography is out of date, but essentially the 128th entrance/exit to I-405 is HOV-only. I changed the off-ramp from NB I-405 to a Parking Lot Road. However, the current map shows 128th as intersecting with the HOV lanes rather than having entrances/exits, so I changed that segment of 128th to Parking Lot Road. What I don't remember is whether non-HOV traffic can cross 405 using 128th - I don't think so, but if they can then the roads need to be more fundamentally altered.

Here's the PermaLink:

https://descartes.waze.com/live/?zoom=6 ... TTTTTTTTTT
KevinFink
Send a message

Post by meredith
Hey, I am just trying to determine if this is the right place for my suggestion.

I-66 in northern Virginia is completely HOV restricted during rush hour between the Beltway (I-495) and downtown DC. In the morning, it is restricted eastbound to HOV-2 only (6:30-9am). In the evening, the HOV-2 restriction goes westbound (4-6:30pm).

It would be nice if we could tell waze whether we qualify for HOV or not. I often have to seek another route because it tries to send me to/from work on 66 when I do not qualify. Note that this is not a separate lane - all of I-66 becomes HOV-only, you have to take a different road if you are a solo driver.
meredith
Send a message

Post by meredith
gettingthere wrote:Unfortunately HOV lane restrictions, time of day restrictions, person count, and toll roads are not supported presently in Waze.

Basically no option to allow routing onto the road in question during certain hours only.
Right, hence my phrasing of "suggestion" - if it were currently supported, I wouldn't be suggesting it!
meredith
Send a message

Post by unwallflower
gerben wrote:In another thread about this, there was a 4th option:

- Mark them 2-way, but set their on-ramps as parking lot roads. This way, they should be ignored by the routing algorithm because of the high penalty on parking lot roads, but it is still possible to route from them if a wazer chooses this lane by himself (and the change from the normal lane is detected).
This is what was suggested to me, and the practice I follow.
unwallflower
Send a message