The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Joining street segments => segment elevation +1

Post by GerritW74
Hi I am new here so if this is not the right forum section please move it to the right section.

I have recently discovered that when I join two street segments, the resulting street segment ends up with an elevation of one more that the higher of the two joined segments. I tested this with IE and Chrome with the same results. The IE test was without any plugins or scripts. Has anyone experienced similar behaviour?
GerritW74
Map Raider
Map Raider

POSTER_ID:16964913

Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
GerritW74 wrote:I have recently discovered that when I join two street segments, the resulting street segment ends up with an elevation of one more that the higher of the two joined segments.
Assuming you are using the Bridging function, then yes, this is expected behavior.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
GerritW74 wrote:Good to know...
What is the reason behind it?
Because you are bridging. A bridge is above a road below it. Therefore the automatic increase to Level is a time-saver. If you don't want to increase the level, then just delete the junction between the two segments you are joining.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by GerritW74
Good to know...
What is the reason behind it?
GerritW74
Map Raider
Map Raider