Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Unable to edit maps using map editor.

Post by A1cntrler
Hello!

Today I was going to log in to the map editor to try to see some issues I had while traveling a few weeks ago. I logged into the Waze website using the same credentials as I use to log in on my phone that contains the Waze app. When I go to the map editor it greets me "Hey A1cntrler!" and shows me as a level 1 editor. I can only edit drives I have completed. Cool by me, so I look for drives I've completed and all I see is " We can't find any of your drives.

Have you started driving with the Waze app yet? If so, please make sure you logged into the Map Editor with the same credentials you use in the app."

So I look at my account settings online here on the website and it tells me I've driven 5267 miles. Yet the map editor still says I haven't driven any.

What am I doing wrong here? I've double checked to see that I've logged in the same name on my phone and the website.
A1cntrler

POSTER_ID:9748203

Send a message

Post by A1cntrler
One June 18th of this year I was on the East Coast and Drove from VA to PA then to FL. I returned home to CA on the 18th of July. I used Waze daily during that time.

I've used it sporadically since then, the last 2 times being last Wednesday from home here to Los Angeles International Airport and back to drop my wife off there, and again on Friday afternoon there and back to pick her up..
A1cntrler
Send a message

Post by A1cntrler
Ok here are the images requested:

And My account info page on the web:

A1cntrler
Send a message

Post by A1cntrler
Hmmm.. By some miracle I now have 16 pages of past drives dating back to April 20th. Thanks for your help with it. I did change a drop down menu in the upper right of the Waze webpage to US Only (I think it was on World?) and then it seemed to give me access.

Thanks again!
A1cntrler
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
A1cntrler wrote:What am I doing wrong here? I've double checked to see that I've logged in the same name on my phone and the website.
A couple thoughts: 1) If you didn't drive much in the last few months, Waze removes your editable areas after 90 days from that drive; 2) There have been some issues lately with points and such and possibly there may be other problems with drive processing and how that is use to open up editable area.

Since a few weeks ago, was there a good deal of time where you didn't use Waze since you started in 2012?
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
A1cntrler wrote:One June 18th of this year I was on the East Coast and Drove from VA to PA then to FL. I returned home to CA on the 18th of July. I used Waze daily during that time.

I've used it sporadically since then, the last 2 times being last Wednesday from home here to Los Angeles International Airport and back to drop my wife off there, and again on Friday afternoon there and back to pick her up..
Well, sounds like ther should be at least some drives in there. Could you post a screen shot (resized to 320px wide if you can) of your Account (My Profile) screen from in the app? Fuzz out anything you don't want shared, like full name and email.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
A1cntrler wrote:Hmmm.. By some miracle I now have 16 pages of past drives dating back to April 20th. Thanks for your help with it. I did change a drop down menu in the upper right of the Waze webpage to US Only (I think it was on World?) and then it seemed to give me access.

Thanks again!
Based on what you just send in your post above, I was going to make sure you check that next. There should have been a long orange bar at the bottom of the screen that you were on the wrong infrastructure, but that only appears if you are looking at a lat/lon position which is not within the infrastructure you have selected in the US+Canada, World, Israel selector.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message