The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Multiple issues: WME Chat & Validator not working for me

Post by psubrian
Hello!

So I went away on a two week vacation and when I come back, not only did my validator seem to go crazy, but I can't enter any new messages into the chat window.

So let's back up and give some background info. Currently running Win7, 64bit, Chrome Version 37.0.2062.94 m.

First problem is the chat window. I can see it, but only in Chrome (can't see it at all in IE or Firefox). So I can see the new messages coming up, but the box where I'm supposed to enter my message isn't there. Nor is the button to submit the message. So instead of trying to get live help in WME, I'm stuck right now to only communicating in the forum here.

Secondly, my Validator, which was running perfectly fine when I left for vacation, has gone crazy. *EVERY* single road, and I do mean every single road, shows up as red all of a sudden. You click on it, and it says "too many errors to post" or "no outward connectivity". And I'm checking the last edit dates on these (all in the Minneapolis area) and most hadn't been changed in months. So I don't know what's going on there. I tried to "reinstall" Validator, but when I go to the chrome store, it just say its already installed.

So obviously I'm a bit stuck at the moment, and any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Brian
psubrian

POSTER_ID:16963583

Send a message

Post by AliG2605
Hi,
I had the same problem with Validator too. An update to the validator was released and updating to that version fixed the problem for me.
Cheers
AliG2605
AliG2605
Send a message

Post by crazycaveman
Are you sure you're visible in chat? The message box and button will only show when you're visible and will not be there at all when you're invisible. You can check this by looking in the top bar of the chat window next to your country's name (e.g. United States Visible); if it says invisible, click on it to bring up a drop-down menu and select visible. If you're still having issues, disable all userscripts/add-ons and try again.
crazycaveman
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Send a message