The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

a user keeps recording railroad from a train, how to stop it

Post by ramik79
I am an area manager in the Padova (Italy) area, and since some time i keep seeing a user recording a railroad track (to get points maybe?). I keep deleting the suggested track, but after few days it come back in the cartouche, is there anyway to block such additions? or warn the user in some way?
ramik79

POSTER_ID:1163893

Send a message
Wazer since 2011 & Waze Editor L3 in Veneto Area (Italy) for many years

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
If you put the railroad in, set as as Railroad road type, ensure no turns are allowed onto it, and set it to no entrance. You also can optionally set it as a Private Road type, or parking lot road, which has a very high penalty for routing, so there should rarely be the case when Waze could route you onto that segment.

You could also leave the railroad on a different level so it never actually intersects any real roads.

Once recorded, the user won't be able to record again because Waze should snap to the existing road, even if it is set to No Entrance.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by dannew
What's the problem with recording railroad? Waze supports railroad, boardwalks and lots of non drivable roads.
dannew
Send a message

Post by j2002
And what about "allow" him to do that? It's a easy as editing the recorded road and put it as railroad. I think is not "illegal" as this kind of road exits in cartouche.
j2002
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

petervdveen
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message
Coordinator Waze Netherlands

Click here to sign-up for slack, our communication platform

Contact by email: NL - BE - Lux - Benelux

Post by petervdveen
I think the problem is that there is already a railroad, but he keeps recording?
petervdveen
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message
Coordinator Waze Netherlands

Click here to sign-up for slack, our communication platform

Contact by email: NL - BE - Lux - Benelux

Post by Seasider
I'd send the user a polite pm informing them that you have edited the rail road as best you can, but it will not show on the live map as there is a routing issue so admins have disabled the layer on the live map.
I'd then ask them to stop re-recording it. It may just be that they don't know why it's not showing, so keep recording it?
Seasider
Send a message
Seasider

Sometimes, the light at the end of the tunnel, is just a train coming the other way!!!

Client - Samsung Galaxy S3 - Jellybean
AM - Lancs UK (most of)
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/Seasider1972
Emyther - waze.map.update.lancs@gmail.com