Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

[SUPPORT] Correct Омск city name

Post by ASergunov
Hello. Tomrow I edits road names and by mistake enter street name "Лермонтова" in City English name field. It was empty before.

When I hit "save" cartouche says I don't have pemissions to edit City English name. I move Лермонтова in correct "Street:" field. Done.

Today every street in Омск has City English name: "Лермонтова" in cartouche. Seems like a bug.
Correct city english name for "Омск" is "Omsk" or "Omsk (Russia)".
ASergunov

POSTER_ID:2646024

Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Yes, what Peter says.

To elaborate: The english city name is not associated with segments, but with the city name in the database. Therefore, changing it when editing one segment will change it for all segments. You cannot blank it out, but must enter something. In English-speaking countries, when this happens, we just copy the City name.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by ASergunov
cartouche says:

Change to "Omsk"
> Error: More than one city match

Change to "Omsk (Russia)
> No permissions to change city's English name
ASergunov
Send a message

Post by petervdveen
If you change this name for 1 street, it is changed for every street with that city name.
So just change 1 street and your done. ;)
petervdveen
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message
Coordinator Waze Netherlands

Click here to sign-up for slack, our communication platform

Contact by email: NL - BE - Lux - Benelux