The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.
Post by MGODLEW
PsstDizel wrote:Well if that's what you want to see when you get home, I might approve it...

http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu18 ... 2_edit.png
This photo might want to be reported to your RC as offensive.
MGODLEW
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
I am best reached via Discord, give me an “@“

Post by MGODLEW
It was only a matter of time....
MGODLEW
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Attachments
I am best reached via Discord, give me an “@“

Post by MikeRyalls
Just to give you a clue, the Beetham Tower is the tallest building in Manchester. It is not to be found underneath the arches of a railway bridge - 'LowCool' indeed.

(To be fair, the driver was stopped right outside the Beetham Tower. Trouble is, they were on double yellows with nowhere to park on 'Keep Clear' signs for loading bays. Helpful.)
MikeRyalls
Send a message
Attachments
:D Validating a 4-mile corridor of the M6, between J12 & 19
:| Now forging a cleared link from The Land of the Cheesy Oatcake to Robin Hood's Airport
;) Un Rosbif grignotant la carte de l'aéroport de Limoges à La Rochelle par Saintes
:o Ah, Barcelona, ​​donde Editores unen caminos y escaleras a carreteras

Post by MikeRyalls
No obvious jokes, please . . .
MikeRyalls
Send a message
Attachments
:| Now forging a cleared link from The Land of the Cheesy Oatcake to Robin Hood's Airport
;) Un Rosbif grignotant la carte de l'aéroport de Limoges à La Rochelle par Saintes

Post by MikeRyalls
This is as barmy as some of the pics we get from L1 editing dumbos.

The Spring Garden Street Parking Lot (we call them Car Parks, chaps; CAR PARKS geddit?) is located at house number 87 King Street, which must be a pretty small car park. But no, look there is a suggested change - Spring Garden Street Car Park is at 87. Nope. It's not. Rejected, just as are dozens of others . . .
MikeRyalls
Send a message
Attachments

Post by MikeRyalls
Nice one, Igbineweka, now, lets see - you've got a Samsung phone, with an authorised spare part windscreen-mounted cradle. That should help other drivers get to park their cars, no? No? Another L1 Reject then . . .
MikeRyalls
Send a message
Attachments

Post by MikeRyalls
It must have been a Friday afternoon when WazeParking1 turned to his staff buddies WazeParking2, WazeParking3, and WazeParking5143:

"Hey Guys! I'm gonna take the Premier Inn at Manchester Airport, which handily has no address, and turn it into a Parking Lot - 'cus that's what them Brits call 'em - who needs to sleep in beds anyways? They can sleep in their cars."

"Way to go, WazeParking1."

"No, no, there's more. I'm gonna take the phone number which, inconveniently, is the direct phone number of the Manchester Airport Premier Inn (which is really a parking lot) and change it for a premium-rate number which is nowhere near Manchester. And then, and then, because the hotel (which is now a parking lot) is on Runger Ln, I'm gonna suggest we delete the street name, 'cus we don't wanna make it too easy to find, right?"

"Genius, WazeParking1."

"Thanks good buddy WazeParking5143, but y'know what? 'Cus the house number is almost the same as your name, I'm gonna leave the street number 5143 in."

"Gee, WazeParking1, that must be a long road with a lotta houses."

"Right. Well, wrong. It's less than one-a their quaint English miles and there ain't no houses on it at all. Fact is, there ain't no buildings on it at all, not one, 'cept for this Parking Lot and the Holiday Inn Express next door."

"That'll be house number 5145 then?"

"Nah, doesn't have a number. Doesn't need one. It's a friggin' great big hotel with a name on the front and everything."

"So that's it, then?"

"No way. Becus the hotel's now a parking lot, there's loads more parking spaces - eighteen in fact and becus these Brits never carry any cash, like her Royal Queen Elizabeth, we've made paying for the parking by credit card only."

"So what's next, WazeParking1?"

"I'm-a gonna send it out to them dumbass Brit Editors to click on 'Approve', 'cus they jus' lerrve the additional clarity we here in Waze Staff HQ can bring to their li'l ole English Parking Lot System . . . "
MikeRyalls
Send a message
Attachments

Post by MikeRyalls
"Not so fast, dear; you're making the camera shake."

Errm, more power to your elbow . . .
MikeRyalls
Send a message
Attachments

Post by MikeRyalls
Apparently, this is Speedy's way of guiding fellow Waze users to Makro. Perhaps it only works if you're driving a Skoda?
MikeRyalls
Send a message
Attachments

Post by MikeRyalls
Yep. This'll be the place.
Once you've driven into the middle of one of the world's busiest roundabouts, over the flowerbeds and down the steps to the ticket hall it will be.
Oh, and somehow negotiated the ticket barriers (ramps would be good), then driven down three escalators.
Only a few more flights of steps and then you're on the platform. Use those ramps again to get down onto the rails and drive into the tunnel. Dark, isn't it? Car should be safe there. For a bit anyway.
Now, must post this so other Wazers can get here and recognise the place when they do . . . .
Hey! Is that a light at the end of the tunnel? Is it moving?
Underground Capture.PNG
(62.57 KiB) Downloaded 500 times
MikeRyalls
Send a message