The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.
Post by taco909
Ya, the new ones are typical commercial crackerboxes.
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
Fredo-p wrote:So I was right in suggesting the Waze selfie awards.
I have a feeling that is not Driving79....
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
bummerdude69 wrote:
TimC42 wrote:Why?

My guess would be a tech logging his work sites. If that's a site ID, he just needs to search on that and get right to it.
Good point, so should perhaps be approved?
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
Good point... simply name it the OHCLU code.
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
ctpoole wrote:I have had long discussions with communications folk that wanted addresses added for the silver boxes where cables are spliced and connected so towers make sense.
It would be helpful if Waze would apply internal logic to accept an address range, IE, allow us to input known addresses at each end of a block, such as "1301" and "1350" and Waze would know that any address in that range existed on that block and ballpark the stop point based on even division of the numbers over the distance. This would be fine-tuned by other known addresses within the block, as well as the side of the street. The calculated stop point would not be dead-on, but it would get you into visual range 9 times out of 10, and it would allow for oddball addresses like 1320-1/2, 1320-A/B/C, etc... but more important, it would cover electrical services and communications installations where the address is not commonly available.
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
Fredo-p wrote:Mark me as that 1% of the weird in the US....Never been to either place.
What I like about IHOP is their "senior" menu (wife's over 55) is pretty much the same as the regular, but cheaper.
Denny's, it's 10% cheaper for half the food.
Another thing is IHOP still has rye bread, so you can still get a patty melt.

Been to WH a few times... they're okay. Steak and eggs are good, but I'm not too big on pancakes or waffles so I could do either place. Steak and eggs or eggs and hash browns with sausage and bacon.
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
FzNk wrote:I have feeling we'll be seeing a lot more of these now that marijuana is legal in both Oregon and Washington.
clouds.jpg
Well... that is pretty much a permanent area place in that part of the country.

Now, in Los Angeles, reporting "clouds" is not unlike reporting moving police.
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
I've been finding those here in SoCal as well.

Apparently, "staff" editors have been reactivated as ign was for place updates.
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
jbrianj wrote:Not sure that this qualifies as Jolly, but I'm pretty sure everyone else doesn't need to know where this is.
Keep it and make it private/residential.
Without an address, it will be searchable by that name only for the person who placed it and possibly their Waze friends.

That place point, if accurately dropped, can be VERY useful 5 years from now when family wants to visit but can't recall exactly where Mom is resting due to expansion or new buildings throwing off remembered landmarks.
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
crazycaveman wrote:
taco909 wrote:
jbrianj wrote:Not sure that this qualifies as Jolly, but I'm pretty sure everyone else doesn't need to know where this is.
Keep it and make it private/residential.
Without an address, it will be searchable by that name only for the person who placed it and possibly their Waze friends.

That place point, if accurately dropped, can be VERY useful 5 years from now when family wants to visit but can't recall exactly where Mom is resting due to expansion or new buildings throwing off remembered landmarks.
In my testing, names don't carry over to private places. Have you had a different experience with that? I might need to go back and test it more thoroughly
According to Ottonomy, they do, but only for the reporter and possibly his Waze friends, so "we" would not be able to search and locate Mom's Grave.
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich