Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.
Post by gettingthere
Regarding part 1:

* I would mark the road type as a ramp from the end of the I- 5 until after the bridge where I- 405 starts. (the segment you have hi-lighted in the Papyrus link as well as the next segment to the north)
* Label as exit per the sign
* Hopefully the little hook in the road at the beginning of your hi-lighted segment will force a keep left voice instruction
gettingthere
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
San Diego, California USA and Tijuana, Mexico

Post by gettingthere
Although since that 1A is an exit from the I- 405, maybe you want to leave the second segment as I- 405 vs. a continuation of the exit ramp from the I- 5 as I suggested in the previous post.
gettingthere
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by gettingthere
part 2.

Yes, should be named as I- 405 since there exit 1A is a I- 405 exit. You can't have an exit before the actual freeway starts, can you?
gettingthere
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonm128
I'm just brainstorming here but what if you put a junction in the middle of the segment you pointed to and then changed the second half to Freeway and named it I- 405? So you have a ramp where it exits I- 5 which then turns into a freeway before it gets to Exit 1A. I agree that the second segment of I-405 should just be labeled "I- 405". Then I would handle Exit 1A like any of the many other ambiguous exits and try to force both an "exit left" and a "keep right" prompt. If a driver got a command to "keep right on I- 405" they would see the 405 shield on the sign and it would still make sense.
jasonm128
Send a message
Last edited by jasonm128 on Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Area Manager : NW Suburbs of Boston, MA
HTC Droid DNA - Android 4.4.2 - Verizon
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/5/5a/W ... M_only.png

Post by jasonm128
CBenson wrote: I'm curious what should be tried to force a "keep right" prompt here.
I'm not sure if this would work but I guess I would try a combination of having a slightly different name on the two I-405 segments and making sure there's a significant angle for both the ramp and continuing segment at the split.
jasonm128
Send a message

Post by jasonm128
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
jasonm128 wrote: I'm not sure if this would work but I guess I would try a combination of having a slightly different name on the two I-405 segments and making sure there's a significant angle for both the ramp and continuing segment at the split.
There aren't two I-405 segments. I-405 starts at Exit 299 on I-5 northbound. The next split is I-405 Exit 1A, where the exit is a straight continuation and I-405 turns to the right on a ramp. I am very curious to see what the screen/voice prompts do here.
Yeah, I wasn't very clear. I the two segments I was referring to are the one that branches off from I-5 (Exit 299) and the right leg at the next fork (i.e. the one that isn't Exit 1A). It looks like your current configuration meets this requirement. I'm also very curious to hear what the prompts are. Please be sure to report back when you get a chance to test them.
jasonm128
Send a message

Post by mapcat
Seems to me Jason's idea is the best compromise. Normally I think the freeway should start where the exit ramps from I- 5 N & I- 5 S join, but since Exit 1A is an I- 405 exit, I think it has to come from I- 405.
mapcat
Send a message
CM, USA/Canada ∙ iPhone 5 ∙ iOS 7.1