Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.
Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Should this thread remain open for discussion, or close it with clear instructions in the OP and final post to the new form?
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Mike-1323 wrote:Add another odddity to the ign list:

https://www.waze.com/cartouche/?zoom=6& ... s=57915297
Mike, please use the form linked in this thread to report the problem unless you fixed it already.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
mapcat wrote:
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:Mike, please use the form linked in this thread to report the problem unless you fixed it already.
Has anyone ever gotten a response to problems reported via the form? I've only used it 3 or 4 times, but no one from has ever contacted me regarding the errors. It would be nice to get an acknowledgement since I'm reluctant to correct anything before I know they're aware of the problem.
Haven't submitted one yet as I've been focused on Oregon and they've stayed mostly away so far. :) Lucky me!
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
gettingthere wrote:Of course as soon as I post a complement, I find an issue to off-set it. Created today by ign_kateryna1. Why oh why is a roundabout necessary in a dead end street / cul-de-sac?
No end node required.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
gettingthere wrote:You are kidding right?
Yepper doodle.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
I too feel that ign does more good things that we do not see. However, in my area specifically, I have seen changes made with no reason, and certainly not following all the guidelines set forth in the wiki. Using ramps for non-graded interchanges is STILL being done as of October, when that was pointed out and we were told ign would stop doing back in June or July of this year. Incorrect turn restrictions are still being done, even ones which are clearly not possible due to road direction and you don't even need streetlevel view to see this is the case.

Communication is a huge issue, and the fact that the editor rank of IGN makes no difference and they can override and level editor rank anywhere is concerning. I have had freeway and ramp segments locked and still updated incorrectly by ign editors and that is extremely frustrating. Some editors have had their locked changes, changed incorrectly again by ign editors 2 and 3 times. That's a LOT of re-work having to be done for NO REASON. Just communicate with the AM/editor who last edited/locked the segment or area BEFORE making any changes and this animosity will likely subside.

IGN needs to work as ONE TEAM with the dedicated AMs and country-level community editors. Right now, it's disfunctional and doesn't feel like you are always working with us, but often against us.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
bgodette wrote:Wasn't there just recently a discussion about using roundabouts for large circular/ovoid culdesacs?
http://www.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=13253
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AndyPoms
jawbreaker1222 wrote:Is there a way to prevent them from editing!!!
Lock it. They can no longer override locks from those with higher ranks...
AndyPoms
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/f/ff/W ... 00k_6c.png
Waze Champ & Forum Moderator
USA Country Manager
Senior Area Manager: State of Connecticut
Wiki: Editing | Best Practices | FAQ

Post by bgodette
WeeeZer14 wrote:
bgodette wrote:And that minor highway is more of a Primary as it's going through residential with stop lights and stop signs.
Road classifications are a royal mess in north Jersey. I've hit sections here and there, but I've focused on routing issues mainly.

NJ has an extensive County Route highway system (5xx and 6xx route numbers primarily) and many seem to be treated as (or even named) State Highways. Sigh.
Hmm, just went and reread the wiki on road labeling and I guess that is correct road type as long as it is part of an Interstate (business), USH, or SH.
bgodette
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by bgodette
Looks like I get to redo the Countyline Rd and I-25 interchange in Denver again to clean up the IGN_damage. Would provide a permalink, but am posting from my phone. Was modified on Sep 9th without there being a map problem or update request near there.
bgodette
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message