Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Chat Problems/Snoozing

Post by subs5
Today my Waze chat has gone down hard.
I have refreshed, rebooted, gone invisibile/gone back to visible, even uninstalled and reinstalled chrome, installed firefox and still crickets on chat. I can PM users that I know and they say I show up as snoozing
What do I need to do to get back into the action? Any suggestions?
I had looked at adding on the chat add on mentioned in the wiki, but the link to the website said can't download.
I guess I am looking for a better troubleshooter than the wiki which isn't too much of a help in this situation
Thanks in advance
subs5
Country Manager
Country Manager
Answers: 3

POSTER_ID:16976950

Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Disable all extensions including tampermonkey and see if the problem persists. Though, using a different browser should take care of that situation. Sometimes, the server keeps your connection but doesn't allow communication due to some bug that's hard to reproduce and therefore fix. I've heard of this issue before and it seems that once the chat server resets all connections, you're "allowed" back in.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by FzNk
I've also been having this same problem for a couple weeks. I'm think it's a server-side issue since I've had no luck with different browsers and computers.
FzNk
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message

NWR Assistant Regional Coordinator :: Oregon State Manager
Waze Beta Leader (Android) :: WME Beta

Post by kahlcolimon
triage685 wrote:As a follow up, I am still having issues with WME Chat not showing up, let alone showing snoozed
This is an issue that will never end. The WME Chat should be completely reinvented!!!
kahlcolimon
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message
Kahl Colimon
Waze Colombia Coordinator/Waze Global Champ
Country Manager/First Responder Member
App Beta Leader/WME Beta Tester

https://s.waze.tools/gc.png

Post by karlcr9911
If you're using Chat add-on, create a new private room (name it whatever you want). Go into that room, type anything in the text box and hit enter. Then, go back to the US room.

Sent from my iPhone6 using Tapatalk
karlcr9911
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor
Send a message

Post by subs5
I was unable to get on that night. Disabled all extensions, uninstalled and reinstalled chrome. Even Firefox didn't work. Next day bam, no problem
subs5
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by triage685
As a follow up, I am still having issues with WME Chat not showing up, let alone showing snoozed
triage685
Send a message