Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.
Post by AlanOfTheBerg
kodi75 wrote:I noticed UR Comments and wondered how to view / add to them. Or is that feature only available to Level 5/ 6 Editors?
This is being tested by beta editors. URO was updated to show them (which I don't think it should until released). Drivers who post Map Issues get an inbox message with the comment from the editor and can reply from the app. Ex:
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
arvardiya wrote:How should i must to do, to increase level editor?
Read the FAQ.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
FYI: this "trick" will become unnecessary in native WME as there will be a layers refresh available. At least one user-contributed extension/plugin does this today.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by andi_dr
How should i must to do, to increase level editor?
Thanks
andi_dr
Send a message

Post by argus-cronos
In deed, good work.

I am wondering about Selecting Multiple Segments: Linux: Window-Key + Click

I use Debian based systems since years. This is written in the Wiki Pages but i never had any use for the Windows Key, with the exception of 3D desktops, since there are defined shortcuts.
It's also not a standard in Debian or Ubuntu for example.

Normally it is Ctrl + Click to select multiple segments here. And system wide as well.
argus-cronos
Send a message
Last edited by argus-cronos on Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by asterix06
Very well fine , Alan

Inviato dal mio Nexus 7 con Tapatalk 4
asterix06
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-4L_o ... _small.pnghttps://s.waze.tools/gc.png
Iphone8+ Waze 4.43.0
Coordinator Waze Italy
Country Administrator Italy, CM China , CM Africa, Iran, Croatia, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Turchia.
Forum Administrator

Post by bgodette
shawndoc wrote:Ah ok, well my point still stands on the NA server and most of the rest of the world. ;)
It's been working on the NA server ever since the update to 7/24, you just have to enable the option in the preferences file to display the Avoid Tolls option.

Waze won't turn it on for the unwashed masses until the map update after this coming one because there's a bunch of toll bridges/tunnels that still won't make it into this coming map update.
bgodette
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by bldxyz
I don't see anywhere in the guide (or video) about how to delete a road segment.

Waze keeps telling me, when I get close to my house, to drive onto a street that simply is not there. Sure, if you go over two blocks in the grid, the street is there, but for those two blocks, there is no street.

Someone has already designated one of those blocks as "stairway", but that didn't prevent Waze from thinking I could drive it. The other block is shown as a two way street. It simply does not exist.

I tried deleting it by selecting it and pressing delete on my keyboard: nothing. I tried grabbing one end and dragging it to the other (so there would be no segment), but no luck.

Hm!
bldxyz
Send a message

Post by bldxyz
jasonh300 wrote:To delete a single segment, you should be able to click on it and hit your delete key, or click the garbage can icon. To delete multiple segments, the delete key won't work at all...you have to click the garbage can.

You have to have permissions on the segment you're trying to delete and also the adjacent connected segments. If it's a permissions issue, please post an unlock request.

The stairway is an undrivable segment, but if it's connected to a real road, it can be routed. Common practice is to disconnect that sort of thing from the real roads, but the correct thing to do is get rid of it completely, as it serves no purpose being on the map.
That did the trick (not the delete key on my MacBook Pro, but the select-and-click-trash-can).

Seems like one could add that content above to the Wiki?
bldxyz
Send a message

Post by ChrissieTegernsee
Hello everybody. Read the Wiki but I still have one question. I did a lot of map editing today. Gave Road names, added new roads, deleted false roads, added parking lots, landmarks ect pp. But now my question is, did I every get any points for this? Because on my Dashboard it says "Map updates: 0" and my score didn't change since hours. Can I find somewhere a list or something like that, where I can see all the points for Map editing?

Thanks for the help :)
ChrissieTegernsee
Send a message
https://img849.imageshack.us/img849/8080/bildschirminhalterfasse.png
Area Managerin für's Tegernseer Tal und Umgebung
iPhone 5