The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.
Post by floppyrod84
Some people are just too stupid :(
floppyrod84
Send a message
Attachments

Post by foxitrot
Mike-1323 wrote:Expects a lot out of a phone GPS, doesn't he? :lol:
Actually, the phones' GPS are much better than Waze's snap-car-icon-to-the-correct-segment logic :roll:
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
...with the good old crashing :roll: Symbian 2.1.99.114 (on N-E52), while
trying to get used to the good new asocial Android 4.xx.0.yyy (on OP-X March-me-Low).

Post by foxitrot
A better Description would be: all other cars!
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
trying to get used to the good new asocial Android 4.xx.0.yyy (on OP-X March-me-Low).

Post by foxitrot
mapcat wrote:
dknight212 wrote:I hope you've mapped the zombies
What POI is most appropriate?
Cemetery.
Or Stadium/Sports Facility? :lol:
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by foxitrot
Could this one be considered a jolly driver?
NMO.jpg
(6.15 KiB) Downloaded 1435 times
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by foxitrot
crazycomputingdotnet wrote:This is more like a jolly editor...
I'd let it be, possibly untouched... just that I can not imagine the traffic jams (or even :? plane crashes?) at these junctions between one-ways :mrgreen:)
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by foxitrot
mapcat wrote:
gettingthere wrote:Sorry, I didn't notice 'Cartouche'. I wouldn't do anything with those. They are obsolete.
I disagree. Yes, almost all of them are at least 5 months old at this point, and some over 1,000 days old,...
Additionally, I still occasionally see some new ones coming in - entered using the LiveMap.
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by foxitrot
mapcat wrote:
jasonh300 wrote:
zombie16 wrote:I'll do that also. Unfortunately I can't always get to the WME before another editor sees the UR and closes it 'needs more info'. Then the UR is gone and I can't remember what or where the problem was. Oh well.
When this happens, the link to the location, and any text you entered shows up in the email you receive.
But the routes don't.
It would be helpful, if the user's own UR's would be listed in WME's My places, nearby the "Areas I can edit | Drives | Update Requests". Noone would ever complain anymore, that "his/her" debug UR has been closed too soon...
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by foxitrot
Except that on some roads I'm occasionally driving much slower than their average speed. In such cases the ETA is totally unusable and I'd appreciate an option in the client for specifying my personal preferred max speed.
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by foxitrot
(I'm getting pretty of-topic here...)
harling wrote:
foxitrot wrote:... on some roads I'm occasionally driving much slower than their average speed. In such cases the ETA is totally unusable and I'd appreciate an option in the client for specifying my personal preferred max speed.
If you're driving slower than prevailing traffic for some other reason, I don't see how any other nav is going to give you a better estimate.
While using many "offline" navis (and route planners) I was often able to define my driving speed profile (city, outside, freeway). I'm aware it is less important with Waze's historical data, but was pretty good customizable on roads where the road profile was not the speed limiting factor.
bgodette wrote:I may be misunderstanding foxitrot's suggestion, but what I gather is he'd like to be able to set a Max Speed and have ETA take that into account if the route uses segments where the current/historical average is higher than that.
Exactly.
harling wrote:Waze's speed data is correlated to time of day * * I'm not sure if it also takes into account weekday vs. weekend, season, holidays etc.
It seems to take all single week(end)-days into account and distinguish between them. (I'm not sure whether the discovered shifts by 8 hours and later 24 hours were already fixed.)

Upon Waze's advertisement (Outsmart The Memorial Day Traffic with Waze) it is apparent, that Waze aims and tries to take also seasons into account... and must have prepared (or selected) data for this particular day (at least 1 year) in advance. But the seasons off course do differ between countries. Thus I've contacted them a few days later with a question, whether they would be interested in gathering specific dates for particular countries. They replied with their well-known silence :|

It also does not take long-term holidays into account, probably for the same reason. Which causes huge data pollution, with rather long catch-up phase during+after summer holidays.
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message