Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.
Post by fvwazing
Thanks for wasting 1 hour of my time! (I googled "comedy capers"...)
fvwazing
Send a message
Waze jezelf!
600K+ edits
AM for some 25.000 km² around Maastricht, the Netherlands
iPhone 3Gs / iOS 6.0.1

Post by fvwazing
Solution could be to make the UR visible only to the originator for a few days, then to make it visible to higher level editors, and only after that to the general public.
fvwazing
Send a message
Waze jezelf!
600K+ edits
iPhone 3Gs / iOS 6.0.1

Post by fvwazing
txemt wrote:
fvwazing wrote:Solution could be to make the UR visible only to the originator for a few days, then to make it visible to higher level editors, and only after that to the general public.
If I'm leaving a note, I always put "txemt" that way people know either to stay away from it, or that I'm directing them to something very specific. Two nights ago, I put a UR down that said "delete rest area--txemt" so if anyone saw it, they'd know to delete the rest area, but 2 weeks ago, I put down "investigate--txemt" meaning that I knew something was up, but couldn't explain it, so when anyone saw the UR, they'd leave it for me, and when I saw it, it would trigger my memory as to why I made such UR.
But my proposal is foolproof. To encourage doing ones URs by one self, a single mail could be delivered with links to the self-created URs - along with links to the wiki, the forum.
fvwazing
Send a message
Waze jezelf!
600K+ edits
iPhone 3Gs / iOS 6.0.1

Post by fvwazing
If it is not your own truck, you can be picky.
fvwazing
Send a message
Waze jezelf!
600K+ edits
iPhone 3Gs / iOS 6.0.1

Post by fvwazing
kodi75 wrote:
Problem: what you show as Charlund Drive in Kingsville MD is OUR PRIVATE DRIVEWAY AND NOT A PUBLIC ROAD. Please correct this immediately or be prepared to contribute financially to the maintenance of our private property.
Idle threats!
This is probably just the tip of the iceberg: lawyers all over the world are spamming Waze, pressing for "financial contribution". That may be how the speedcams in Germany were lost.
fvwazing
Send a message
Waze jezelf!
600K+ edits
iPhone 3Gs / iOS 6.0.1

Post by fvwazing
nnote wrote:"I hear apple has great maps. Maybe you should try them."
:)
fvwazing
Send a message
Waze jezelf!
600K+ edits
iPhone 3Gs / iOS 6.0.1

Post by fvwazing
deeggo wrote:A funny one I found today:
Problem: Kerstmis
Reported on: yesterday

Kerstmis means Christman. Yeah I could see how that'd become problematic in July.
My guess: user tried to report "kermis" (fancy fair) as a reason for a closure but the autocorrection got it wrong. And who is Christman? :-)
fvwazing
Send a message
Waze jezelf!
600K+ edits
iPhone 3Gs / iOS 6.0.1

Post by fvwazing
"Driving dire-HIPS!-xiuns-COUGH!SNEEZE!"

Voicerecognition tried hard.
fvwazing
Send a message
Waze jezelf!
600K+ edits
iPhone 3Gs / iOS 6.0.1

Post by fvwazing
pjlasl wrote:Problem: stopped train

User performed a U-Turn and went on his/her way. I guess Waze needs to keep train schedules and route accordingly :lol:
At your service! http://moovitapp.com (but maybe not the way you expected it - check "About us")
fvwazing
Send a message
Waze jezelf!
600K+ edits
iPhone 3Gs / iOS 6.0.1

Post by fvwazing
bgodette wrote:If you use an iDevice it'll use Apple Maps, otherwise you get redirected to Google Maps. They didn't want anyone other than their inmates to see the disaster that was/is Apple Maps :oops:
Definitely not.
On my iDevices I get redirected to the iTunes-page advertising googlemaps. I have googlemaps installed, but it isn't launched.
fvwazing
Send a message
Waze jezelf!
600K+ edits
iPhone 3Gs / iOS 6.0.1