The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.
Post by txemt
jasonh300 wrote:
Looks like someone was cutting the grass.
they were wazing to the ant piles.
txemt
Send a message
Just wazeting my time to help you waze your route smoothly.

Post by txemt

Description: no street names in neighborhood
Reported on: yesterday

Display related:

Report as:Open Solved Not identified
Here's the neighborhood:
https://www.waze.com/editor/?zoom=5&lat ... TTTFTTTTFT

MOST of these streets have names and they were last edited.....in September. I think there are.....4 streets total because we didn't have names at the time and now someone complains about it, yet doesn't give us anything to work with?!? WTF?!? I want to be able to talk to this doochebag.
txemt
Send a message

Post by txemt
Almost all of the streets are named and it's a relatively new neighborhood (within the last year). I've checked them out on Waze after putting them in last year, so I know they're there, with the exception for the few streets I can't find names for.
txemt
Send a message

Post by txemt
umopapisdn wrote:
jasonh300 wrote:General error somewhere along the lines of: This street has the wrong street name. I drive here every day and report this every day but nobody ever puts int he correct street name. Please fix the street name...

continues another 1000 characters or so but never once includes the correct *^%@%<# street name! Come on! You had to have pulled over and typed for 10 minutes to include this description, but you couldn't type in a 7 character street name? What the hell is wrong with you!?
heh. you could always change the street name to "the correct street name" and see what happens... ;)
On most streets I can't find the name to, I label it as "Need Street Name" in hopes that someone will put a UR and give me the proper name. There's actually a street in Amarillo that a UR keeps popping up giving me the correct name of the street....which is correct in the editor, but apparently not on the app. I have a parallel street to that one with directions on how to refresh the map (which I think would fix the problem he's having).
txemt
Send a message

Post by txemt
I'm already laughing and I haven't turned on the GPS for that. :lol:
txemt
Send a message

Post by txemt
OR..I can take 10 minutes out of my very non productive day tomorrow and go get them myself. :)
txemt
Send a message

Post by txemt
I have yet for that to happen......but I can see it happening. Just hasn't done it, yet.
txemt
Send a message

Post by txemt
Description: Map set to drive north from dalhart tx vs. continuing west on 87 / 287 (from Amarillo tx to south fork, co).
Reported on: December 22, 2012

Display related:

User drive (GPS trace) Waze provided route
Report as:Open Solved Not identified

Believe it or not....this will be the third time I will have clicked "NOT IDENTIFIED" for this UR.

UPDATE: Apparently....someone has gone and in and deleted an almost 40 mile chunk of highway, as well as not add the new section of the divided highway. Looks like I'll be concentrating the next two days in the panhandle of the great state of Texas. :(
txemt
Send a message

Post by txemt
xteejx wrote:Don't you guys lock highways?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
On New Year's Eve, I locked down the interstates in San Antonio after consulting with the 3 older AMs in the city because we had an issue of lower levels moving the interstate or deleting exits that aren't being constructed on. The major highways out in the vastness of Texas are open and unlocked for several reasons. I only venture out that way about once a week (in the editor), no one edits out there (at least not to my knowledge), no one has AM duties out there, and there's no point in locking something down that isn't looked at on a daily basis. If there's a UR out there, someone will look at it in a week or so (at least when I come along). I don't know if there are other CMs that venture out that way.
txemt
Send a message

Post by txemt
AndyPoms wrote:Just cleared two URs for Wrong Driving Directions - they were reported on & the drive trace showed that the user was on RAILROAD TRACKS. You really need directions to STAY ON THE TRACKS?!?!
Hey!!! I took an ambulance down the tracks to get around down power lines and trees after Hurricane Katrina came through. :) I needed to know when to get off. :D
txemt
Send a message