The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.
Post by goimir
qwaletee wrote: I actually did that twice in the last last week in my area. One was consistent with local usage, and was needed due to a confusion of streets joining on each side. The other was an "official" but unsigned bridge name. It was needed because otherwise, the bridge above and street below wold have shared a name, and likely got a few drivers lost

Otherwise, I agree, caling out bridges is overkill. Some drivers will complain if you don't, other drivers will complain if you do. Most will have no problem either way.
That's the custom in Pittsburgh. Roads don't usually keep the same name over bridges (s 10th str does, but none others do), and they're all either named or called "[name of street] bridge"

The only case I know of in Pittsburgh where the disambiguation actually does something is 31st street, where 31st actually continues underneath the 31st street bridge. But then again, this is a town where US Truck 19 is concurrent with itself for a few hundred yards.

Sent from my SGH-I927 using Tapatalk
goimir
Send a message

Post by goimir
qwaletee wrote:
Truck 19 Links?

It's not a Waze issue, it's a DOT issue. Truck 19 follows 376/22/30 West through the Ft. Pitt Tunnel as it travels south, and then loops back via a ramp under that highway to 376/22/30 East and exits onto 51 South. Northbound, it gets off of 51 North onto the same ramp that Truck 19 South exits off of 376/22/30 West from, continues onto 376/22/30 East and goes through the Ft. Pitt Tunnel. The wiki page for Truck 19 Pittsburgh has a map and such.

So as you approach the tunnel driving East, you're on 376 East, 22 East, 30 East, Truck 19 North, and Truck 19 South. And this is, ironically, the best way to enter the city from a dramatic standpoint according to the chamber of commerce. First you see the confusing signs after driving through the pastoral landscape of the countryside that sits between the airport and the city, then you go through a tunnel, get greeted with a large cityscape, and realize you're in completely the wrong lane.

They leave out the wrong way concurrency and the wrong lane bit in their press release though.

goimir
Send a message

Post by goimir
khaytsus wrote:
irowiki wrote:Getting even a basic destination out of people seems to be like pulling teeth sometimes.
I've had conversatations like this:

<Reporter> Didn't take me to the right location
<me> Let me know the exact destination address and I'll see what I can fix here, thanks!
<Reporter> The location I was navigating to
<me> I don't have that information, I can only see about 500 feet around where you were driving
<Reporter> <crickets>
... 4 days later.. Marked Not Identified.
And I've sent reports like:

"This is where this grocery store with an address of 'foo' should be. Not on the other side of the tracks, in a park."

And have gotten responses of "That's nice. Waze uses data from X to set locations and we're not changing it."

…"the map error you reported was fixed by [REDACTED]"

goimir
Send a message

Post by goimir
PvilleT wrote:
irowiki wrote:
Update Request: General error
hitchhiker
Is this a feature request for a new "Hazard on Shoulder"?
I usually do those as map chats, with a description, if'n I can't pick them up myself.

goimir
Send a message

Post by gordonski
mdqueenz wrote:
Type: General error
Description: go to JFK
Reported on: Yesterday
"Aruba, Jamaica, ooo I wanna take ya
Bermuda, Bahama, come on pretty mama
Key Largo, Montego, baby why don't we go?"

I wanna go to JFK, too... :cry:
gordonski
Send a message
No stop signs, speed limitdownload/file.php?id=44782Nobody's gonna slow me down!
Area Manager in DN/BM/AC (NRW)
Wiki | Liste aller Gemeinden/Städte

Post by gordonski
bz2012 wrote:Type: General error
Description: it doesn't identify with valid email addresses from yahoo or gmail.com

:o "It?"
It rubs the lotion on its skin... :?
gordonski
Send a message
No stop signs, speed limitdownload/file.php?id=44782Nobody's gonna slow me down!

Post by gordonski
CBenson wrote:Type: General error
Description: Robin Pl is incorrect: it is Robin Place.
Srsly, all abbrev. should be replaced w/ orig. expr. asap!
gordonski
Send a message
Last edited by gordonski on Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by gordonski
http://i45.tinypic.com/2qu64d3.png
Well, if it was a bit less 'general' I might know what to do about it...
gordonski
Send a message

Post by gordonski
qwaletee wrote:So how should we map this?
Mapping this would probably provoke a lot of "Missing Bridge Overpass" URs. :roll:
Someone should tell that French guy to not do this kind of stuff with a Mini. Maybe use a 2CV next time...
gordonski
Send a message

Post by Grid64
bz2012 wrote:
2015-09-27_120925.png
What were they thinking when they submitted this one?
Honesty?
Grid64
Map Editor - level 3
Map Editor - level 3
Send a message