The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.
Post by dude463
AndyPoms wrote:
AndyPoms wrote:How many URs? Post your guesses (there are 26 visible in the screenshot) & I'll post the total later - they are all in the exact same spot and they appear to all be blank and posted on the same day.
SkiDooGuy wrote:49
Thortok2000 wrote:172
dude463 wrote:102
irowiki wrote:300+
Actual result: 52
Just proves why SkiDooGuy is a mentor. :D
dude463
Send a message
First I learned how to draw lines on a map. Now I must learn the art of Feng-ShWaze.

Post by dude463
1st Ave.jpg
(210.15 KiB) Downloaded 627 times
:roll: :roll:
dude463
Send a message
First I learned how to draw lines on a map. Now I must learn the art of Feng-ShWaze.

Post by dude463
I do not follow directions, when I am going somewhere, if I know how to get there.
dude463
Send a message

Post by dude463
it isn't so much a map issue as I was hoping that when you say stay to the left when you're talking about the freeway if you could say "remember the far left lane is for passing only". thank you
dude463
Send a message

Post by dude463
dude463(4) December 08, 2015
Volunteer responding to your "wrong driving direction" map-issue report. Waze gives us volunteers very little to go on; we don't even know where you were going! What went wrong with Waze's route? Most importantly, can you tell us your destination as you entered it into Waze? Please respond using the Waze app, emails don't work with the reporting system. (Open to any editor)
Reporter December 09, 2015
Maybe waze should capture the destination entered and attach it the moment I use the bad driving directions button? Wouldn't that be logical? It's a Web based app.. Program the button with a submission script... I drive 5000 miles a month, make it easy.... Im volunteering, not getting paid. Who's idea was this half cooked system anyway? Would you like me to write the algorithm for you?
Reporter December 09, 2015
You have a very rude reply.... Are you always this nice? Waze should know where I'm going... I input a destination.
dude463
Send a message

Post by dude463
Just explain that you were reprimanded for not closing enough roads when you had no info to go on, so now you just close more than needed to cover all bases.
dude463
Send a message

Post by DwarfLord
Challenger3802 wrote:we definitely need something to stop general errors being reported, then the reporter vanishes into the ether, never to be heard from again. Those that do reply are generally heavy users and get back within two days, most though after 2 days can't remember where they were when they submitted the report, and also can't remember why.
An adjacent 5-page thread discusses this notion in detail. Agreement centered around the idea of somehow forcing reporters to add a description to a "general error" map issue, probably by sending an automated request that the reporter can fill in when they stop. The UR would not appear until the reporter completes that step. Another idea was to eliminate the driver "first map issue" point bonus. But both of these have to be done by Waze.

Using the great Chrome extension URO+ combined with a personal wiki to hold my favorite boilerplate responses, I have found it goes pretty quick to send canned queries to all the general-error URs with no descriptive text. I'm accustomed now to the depressing fact that maybe 5% of them will respond, but since it's so little effort to send the queries using URO+ and boilerplate, I don't care so much anymore.
DwarfLord
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Send a message

Post by DwarfLord
Polite soft-spoken folk shun SHELL and CHEVRON, they go to Texaco and Mobil instead.
DwarfLord
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Send a message

Post by DwarfLord
ctpoole wrote:This is the best one I have seen lately.
Problem: no hay error
Now this is Texas and the drought has caused there to be a shortage of hay, but I suspect that is not what the driver meant. I have asked for details and am looking forward to the response.
The word "error" is the same in English and Spanish; this would translate to "there is no error". Of course that is a strange problem to report...maybe the reporter couldn't find the "cancel" button (I assume there is one, haven't looked myself).
DwarfLord
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Send a message

Post by DwarfLord
Wonderful to have occasional proof that they're not ALL jolly :D
Screen shot 2014-07-10 at 12.58.49 PM.png
They're not ALL jolly :)
(33.48 KiB) Downloaded 1068 times
DwarfLord
Wiki Master
Wiki Master