The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.
Post by thefatveganchef
Type: General error
Description: Tried to send before said it did not send! Driving from Tampa _ to Apollo Beach Florida the map shows Westfield Citrus Park in Brandon _ should be Brandon Mall. Also says Lots of dead people... Took a picture with my cell cause no one believed me!
Reported on: May-27
Zombies!!!
thefatveganchef
Send a message

Post by thefatveganchef
On a whim, I clicked on every landmark in the area that s/he said they drove and none of the cemetaries or other landmarks including the mall mentioned dead people, so either it is from another source, or someoene else corrected it before I got to it. Or there really are zombies.
thefatveganchef
Send a message

Post by thefatveganchef
rotus8 wrote:On two bowties some distance apart:
this intersection is ugly on the map and needs to be cleaned up
roads are straight not bent
You can't win. :cry:
Makes you want to have the ability to reply back to them as to why it is like that, because a no problem found responce might encourage them to edit the map and "fix" the bowties.
thefatveganchef
Send a message

thefatveganchef
Send a message

Post by thefatveganchef
foxitrot wrote:
crazycomputingdotnet wrote:This is more like a jolly editor...
I'd let it be, possibly untouched... just that I can not imagine the traffic jams (or even :? plane crashes?) at these junctions between one-ways :mrgreen:)

Yup. I think that this is some of that editor's first edits. They are from 2009, and it seems like some other edits I have found from that time period from him have a smell of n00b. I know I have had to go back months later and fix some of my own edits from when I first started not knowing what I was doing.
thefatveganchef
Send a message

Post by thefatveganchef
Plumaveloz wrote:Caught this when checking a left turn allowed by Waze and reported wrong by a Wazer: Block your editions.... and always use your blinkers :lol:
He just has his lights wired wrong. That is a break light.
thefatveganchef
Send a message

Post by thefatveganchef
Marked as solved, of course.
jolly.png
(196.38 KiB) Downloaded 1427 times
thefatveganchef
Send a message

Post by thefatveganchef
This one should be under jolly editors...

There is a SPUI being built in my area soon and I was looking up examples of how people have done them and the first example that I came across tells me what not to do...
http://www.waze.com/editor/?zoom=6&lat= ... =-94.71944
thefatveganchef
Send a message

Post by thefatveganchef
jasonh300 wrote:
crazycomputingdotnet wrote:This one should be under jolly editors...

There is a SPUI being built in my area soon and I was looking up examples of how people have done them and the first example that I came across tells me what not to do...
http://www.waze.com/editor/?zoom=6&lat= ... =-94.71944
I don't get it...that's about as correct as it gets.
I guess I was comparing it to this one:
http://www.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.php ... ui#p116535

It looks a lot cleaner.
thefatveganchef
Send a message

Post by thefatveganchef
Awww, you always make me homesick bgodette. I used to work at Tony Rigatoni's in Morrison, been through that intersection many times. The funny thing is there are several of those SPUIs in Fl, and I have cleaned them up not knowing what they are, and they all have the main artery going over, the one in OKC has the artery going under so it confused me to see the ramp segments mapped out on a concrete top.
thefatveganchef
Send a message