Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.
Post by HandofMadness
I can not navigate to work address anymore. ends a few miles short. please contact me for info.
Sure I'll get right on that... Oh wait.
HandofMadness
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by HandofMadness
AndyPoms wrote:It was more of a theoretical set of questions than anything... Didn't think it would get this type of response...

But yes, in the up here in the northeast, they are mostly called a "traffic circle" or a "rotary" by the people, traffic engineers may call them "roundabouts" based on their design, but normal people don't care.
Around here most people seem to call them "That stupdi f-word thing". :twisted:
HandofMadness
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by HandofMadness
Description: gas station round up at this bacon out
Can you express an aphasia while typing?
HandofMadness
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by HandofMadness
Today's long distance problem report: 41.3 miles from where it was reported. Luckily enough info was included I could find the junction they were complaining about.
HandofMadness
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by HandofMadness
Description: traffic lights at intersection.
What an odd place to put traffic lights.
HandofMadness
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by HandofMadness
Description: oh trust me I'll be visible tonight along side with with a 2 day rookie. So my advice is to watch your speed. Watch and learn my friends that are speeding in Calabasas and Agura area.
He submitted this as a map problem twice. Too dumb to know how to use Waze, yet deemed smart enough to be given a gun and a badge.
HandofMadness
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by HandofMadness
bigbear3764 wrote:
shawndoc wrote:
Description: oh trust me I'll be visible tonight along side with with a 2 day rookie. So my advice is to watch your speed. Watch and learn my friends that are speeding in Calabasas and Agura area.
He submitted this as a map problem twice. Too dumb to know how to use Waze, yet deemed smart enough to be given a gun and a badge.
I guess that answers that question about cops with Waze. Interesting.
If I had to guess I'd say it was just some cranky old man who doesn't like speeders trying to "scare" people into slowing down by pretending to be a cop. I don't see an actual cop being worked up enough about speeders to try to post something like that on a semi-public message system.
HandofMadness
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by HandofMadness
doomedtx wrote:One of my faves that seems to repeat over and over:

Missing Road (User Reported).

The UR is in the driveway or possibly inside the house, so would it kill you to take 2 seconds to tell me the NAME of the doggone missing road? Now I've gotta become Sherlock Holmes and scout through multiple sources to find this new road. Meanwhile you could have typed "Brown St" and saved me a lot of trouble!

</vent>
Hey, at least your people are reporting missing roads where roads are actually missing. I have almost never found a missing road, usually these are submitted from the middle of a freeway or major road, or as a complaint when Waze doesn't route them the way they want to be routed.
HandofMadness
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by HandofMadness
txemt wrote:
ending address is not a building or anything close to what I was going for.
What are we supposed to do with this?
Send a nasty letter to the architect?
HandofMadness
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by HandofMadness
AndyPoms wrote:
General error (user reported)
Description:
police gone
Just rollin', looking for the one they call Eazy, but here's a flash, they'll never seize me.
HandofMadness
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message