The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.
Post by sds1971
This, to me, points out a fundamental flaw in the Waze reporting.

I find it almost pointless to submit errors because the app wants info right then and 99.9% of the time I'm still driving and need the submission page out of my way. Then, by the time I hear back from someone for additional detail, I've long forgotten exactly what the issue was...especially if there were multiple issues in a day.

Is there some way to mark the spot and come back and finish the report later like you can with a traffic report? Of all the things that should have a later button, I would think map issues would be the top priority. Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't get why there's a later button for all of the things that benefit from an immediate report (accidents, police, traffic, hazards), but not for the one thing that requires more than a couple of button taps.

Thanks for any insight you can provide.
sds1971
Send a message

Post by SeekingSerenity
http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j124/ ... ec6647.png

I did a lot of typing, erasing, and retyping while answering this one. The final response was simple and straight forward regarding the fix. I wish, however, I had been awake enough to point to this part of the TOS
Additionally and without derogating from the above clause, Waze disclaims any warranties relating to the accuracy of the maps, Content, road conditions, driving directions, or navigation routes presented or displayed in or by the Service. For instance, traffic may be congested in roads depicted by the Service as uncongested; existing roads may be missing from the map; users may submit faulty or inaccurate Content or reports. Such errors and omissions are inherent to any community-based service that operates on users' posts and on the information provided by them.

You agree and acknowledge that you assume full, exclusive and sole responsibility for the use of and reliance on the Service, and you further agree and acknowledge that your use of or reliance on the Service is made entirely at your own risk. You further acknowledge that it is your responsibility to comply with all applicable laws (including traffic laws) while using the Service.

THE INFORMATION PROVIDED BY THE SERVICE IS NOT INTENDED TO REPLACE THE INFORMATION PRESENTED ON THE ROAD. IN THE EVENT THAT THE INFORMATION PRESENTED ON THE ROAD (TRAFFIC LIGHTS, TRAFFIC SIGNS, POLICE PERSON, ETC.) INSTRUCTS DIFFERENTLY THAN THE SERVICE, YOU MUST NOT RELY ON THE SERVICE.
SeekingSerenity
Send a message

Post by seriousarsonist
Loads of these popping up around me at the moment....
Untitled.jpg
(33.4 KiB) Downloaded 1864 times
seriousarsonist
Send a message

Post by SeveriorumPatrem
SLUR from the middle of the Columbia River. Admittedly that is pretty amusing.
SeveriorumPatrem
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message
Attachments

Post by SeveriorumPatrem
Found this flag after clearing the first flag also attached there which suggested I change the gas station to a Residential Place.
SeveriorumPatrem
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message
Attachments

Post by shalafi

Code: Select all

Type: General error
Description: zamrzá (English: freezes)
The road, or the client? Either way, sorry to hear that and thanks for reporting.
shalafi
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by shalafi
kaeoboy you broke the qoute system :lol: your qoute tags are absolutely ok, yet the forum refuses to quote properly. I even tried editing your post, moving the tags, clicking the quote button again, nothing helps :roll: :lol: But if I qoute your whole post, it works:
kaeoboy wrote:
Problem: you tried to make me go over the golden gate bridge again! FIX THIS MAP ISSUE! WTF
Reported on: February 13
CA needs all the additional toll revenue we can get. (Although seriously, Not much info to help resolve, since no start or end destination included.)
unqoutable.PNG
Jolly!
shalafi
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by shalafi
Last edited by AndyPoms on Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: enabled BBCode to fix the quote
:? Funny, shouldn't the forum use my default post settings (=bbcode enabled) when I edit his post?
shalafi
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by shalafi
I stand corrected :)
shalafi
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by Shaq23
Ultimate Jolly Driver?!

At first glance, This UR seemed ligament.. "Map is showing Pearl Street in Paterson as a one-way in the wrong direction".
I looked a little closer at his GPS trace (seemed like he knew better not to follow Waze) and SV, and I see this guy has cruised down this one-way street, thinking he was traveling in the right direction! He was so confident, he even took his time to report it..
Just looking at his GPS path you can see that this makes the list of the top Ten Most Jolly Drivers!
(This is one scenario where I wish we had access to view his entire route) :D
Shaq23
Send a message
Attachments