Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.
Post by undearius
So... Solved?
undearius
Send a message

Post by undearius
Here's an interesting one that Webs101 picked up

undearius
Send a message

Post by undearius
ploben wrote:Problem: Stop for peds in crosswalk[/img]

I mean that's just good, sound advice.
Noted
undearius
Send a message

Post by undearius
Taco909 wrote:How long is a router timeout supposed to last?
Depends on the routing protocol. Pings last 1,000 milliseconds before timing out.
undearius
Send a message

Post by undearius
Jolly indeed.

undearius
Send a message

Post by vectorspace
dbwiddis wrote:Why split the roads? Just set the in/out segment (if one) to private and it accomplishes the same effect, doesn't it?
Hi Everyone... Rather than dilute a really fun Jolly Drivers topic board with technical debate, I would suggest going to the thread that is discussing various options. We could use your input. The board is here:

http://www.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=129&t=41985

As far as splitting the roads, dbwiddis, you're right. You can use a single private road segment or two in series to do the same thing. This will not prevent one from navigating into or out of the private facility. This won't be prevent exiting routing.

I think there are a lot of solutions to this kind of installation, which exists all over the place in many forms both private and government. The split roads are sometimes better because the geometry of the facility makes that occur.

There is a good debate, here highlighted by AndyPoms' steadfast belief in all-private roads, which I only agree with for small private installations like small private communities -- so due to AndyPoms and others, I included that in the proposed approach at the thread above. I much rather favor a couple private segments at each entry/exit point (or the split road approach) because it has so many more benefits. The benefits increase with installation size. There could be serious issues with all-private roads too (as hinted at a few messages ago speculating about penalties going from private to non-private roads). I am running a series of test on such a facility I go into every day for work (creating a proving ground).

I think that the local editor should have some latitude to approach this as needed, but we ought to provide guidance.
vectorspace
Send a message
vectorspace

Post by vectorspace
I suppose I'll need everyone's vast experience to decipher this one:

Problem: funeral wierd
Reported on: May 01

I could imagine this from an outsider to a New Orleans-type funeral, but this one was in Colorado.
vectorspace
Send a message
vectorspace

Post by vectorspace
Here's one UR for the developers:

"make map update so can choose between standard road or combined satellite + road"
vectorspace
Send a message
vectorspace