The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.
Post by mapcat
CBenson wrote:Here's one where I can't figure out what the reporter was thinking:
Type: General error
Description: no turn on red at all corners on the intersection of Route 1 and Quarter Road
He wants you to activate the "no right turn on red" warning at that intersection, in case he might forget this important instruction next time he drives through there.
mapcat
Send a message
CM, USA/Canada ∙ iPhone 5 ∙ iOS 7.1

Post by mapcat
BlazeTool wrote:Description: there's too many roads showing on the map.

I'll talk with ODOT about taking some of them out.
That one may possibly be legit...lots of untouched rural areas in Ohio still have private driveways all over the place, and to some of us they are distracting.
mapcat
Send a message

Post by mapcat
I've been saving these for a while...

“there’s roads here”
“How can you navigate with no go/start button???”
“IT’S A CLIFF”
“it takes me to random places” posted from a random place in Texas
“7 mi wrong directions on a dark bad rd.”
“turning here would put me in river. bad.”
“gave really long route to location 1 block away”
“we need a way to UNpave”
“get speed you'll make it” (missing bridge overpass)
“unable to get directions to detout, mi” (I asked if they spelled Detroit correctly; no response)
“Faggot on the road” (I told him it was probably a bonus candy)
“im on barrie, not simcoe dummy” and, nearby, “cant go left on one way dummy”
“salt is seasonal north of here” left N of Traverse City, MI
“massive road cleanup - aisle one”
“Using another app while waze team in the background crashed waze.”
(General error) “nothing is wrong”
“I am already on the east coast”, left in Pratt, KS
“there is not enough ocean it cofuses me !!” near Lodi, CA
mapcat
Send a message

Post by mapcat
Problem: Eastbound on I94 set stop at Costco in West Fargo ND. Waze said take exit 346 Sheyenne St. But it was one exit too soon. We were not the first ones, hand painted sign "Not Costco".
mapcat
Send a message

Post by mapcat
Don't know which of these users has the bigger problem:
Problem: doesn't tell me where to go
and then a few miles north of there:
Problem: stupid bitch tried to take me 8 miles out ta my way
mapcat
Send a message

Post by mapcat
txemt wrote: Solution for the second one: change the voice to the male, then it wouldn't be a "stupid bitch" :D
I did suggest downloading one of the smarter voices.

The first one really doesn't know how good he has it with no one in the car ordering him around.
mapcat
Send a message

Post by mapcat
txemt wrote:When Google fixes the issue that I reported in Atlanta over Thanksgiving, and the two in Miami the following week, then maybe I'll change that answer, but they haven't fixed 3 of mine, yet.
I've been waiting even longer for them to move the pin for Port Columbus International Airport to the terminal area instead of a restricted area in a maze of warehouses. Routing to that spot first adds at least 20 minutes to the trip to the terminal.

But like CBenson says, if it isn't locked, I try to fix it in Google Mapmaker, and so far most of my edits have been approved.
mapcat
Send a message

Post by mapcat
txemt wrote:Because of my refusal to add my real name to my Google profile, Google has limited my access to doing other things on Google up to and including making any edits in the mapmaker. This weekend, I've finally put my name onto my account, but I'm going through a "review" so they can make sure I am who I say I am and my Google account is still restricted, so......good luck on my end for changing the map. :)
I haven't used my real name for any of my Google accounts, so unless they're not telling me they know more about me than I'm willing to share with them, I don't think this is an impediment to editing.

Of course, it's Google, so they probably do know more about me than I know myself.

EDIT: scratch that, they have my phone number on that account, so they know whatever they want.
mapcat
Send a message

Post by mapcat
doomedtx wrote:No reply I can think of doesn't involve sarcasm, so...I'll just press Not Identified and move on.
Wait, they banned sarcasm?
mapcat
Send a message

Post by mapcat
Thortok2000 wrote:Tell the user you're unsure of how to mark a yield sign and if he could find an example of another yield sign that's been marked properly so you could copy it that would be really helpful.
Result: 2000 URs for missing yield signs, stop signs, school zones, no parking signs...
mapcat
Send a message