The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.
Post by GiorgioLontano
WrongPlace.jpg
(30.27 KiB) Downloaded 646 times
They were probably there at the wrong time.

I like how they bothered to report in English (perhaps they don't know editors are local?).
GiorgioLontano
Experts
Experts
Send a message

Post by GiorgioLontano
taco909 wrote:
robertonthego wrote:And picture for all of them... at least have some consistency and finish off the street :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

That's better than one we had in Orange County.
User had been leaving horrible place points all over the southland.
Located in the middle of the street, blocks from the proper location, photos were all of his leg or dashboard.

Someone finally stumbled upon where he lived.
Yup... somewhere north of 40 place points on one house, all with addresses from all around the neighborhood.

Did you knock on their door? :twisted:
GiorgioLontano
Experts
Experts
Send a message

Post by GiorgioLontano
GuatemalanAirForce.jpg
(121.1 KiB) Downloaded 627 times
User was reporting the location of Fuerza Aérea Guatemalteca (Guatemalan Air Force) known to some by the acronym FAG. I was actually shocked for a few seconds until I saw where the report was made from. :?
GiorgioLontano
Experts
Experts
Send a message

Post by glomp
Got a good one about a missing landmark. :D

http://i1238.photobucket.com/albums/ff4 ... and-UR.jpg
glomp
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by glomp
Looks like someone was taking their amphibious car for a drive and felt the need to report a red light camera :roll:

http://i1238.photobucket.com/albums/ff4 ... Lightx.jpg
glomp
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by GnomoPink
[emoji23] [emoji482]
GnomoPink
Send a message

Post by goimir
I actually used "there is a house here" about a month ago. Basemap had a road going through my sister's house. I went into the editor and fixed it myself.
goimir
Send a message

Post by goimir
It's a "paper street", autocorrected. As in, it's still on the tax maps as a street but is closed to vehicle traffic. Go look at the 200 block of Putnam Street in Scranton, PA for an example of this. Look at the tracks of users on that road and you'll see a section that never gets traveled. Remove that part.

Sent from my SGH-I927 using Tapatalk
goimir
Send a message

Post by goimir
bz2012 wrote:
elle-emme wrote:
Problem:

very hazardous road with cars parked permanently on both sides causing very narrow dangerous road in both directions with no warming. not really wrong directions however
ಠ_ಠ
Maybe tell them 'This should not be reported as a map problem. Changes to the map require many days to take effect. Use the Hazard or Closure report feature. Hazard and Closure reports take effect immediatly. '
Looks to me like a good place to report some cars on the shoulder of the road. :)
Why not downgrade the road if it's indeed an ongoing problem there? Is that segment noted as a primary road? There are lots of roads in Pittsburgh that way, 37th street between Butler and Penn, for instance. It should be an alley, ffs.

goimir
Send a message

Post by goimir
bz2012 wrote:
olestas wrote:I think he wanted the address of report... sometimes people dont remember.
The e-mail that WAZE sends shows the location and gives a link to the report in the map editor.
It also shows the date of the report.
If THAT doesn't 'jog' the memory of the reporter, what will?
Waze sends me a broken jpg along with the name of the road and whatever is fashionable to call that area that day.

I drive to somewhere between 10 and 50 different places with waze every week. There's no way I can remember exactly what I was talking about every single time, which is why I tend to make my reports verbose unless they're obvious, such as "redraw intersection".

Then again, most of the time I get a form letter in response and the issue is marked "fixed" without anything being done.

goimir
Send a message