The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Jolly drivers

Post by floppyrod84
Hey all,

I received an Update Request saying "roundabout behaving odd", so I fixed it and left this comment:

"This roundabout was not a roundabout, and was behaving odd for that reason. These roads have been given some strong words and told to stop messing drivers around by giving them wrong instructions. Consider this fixed :)"

I was going to put a note in about it's mother being told to have the roundabout treated to ADHD and given Ritalin but I thought that might be pushing it a bit!

Anyone else come across weird Update Requests and ever reply something out of the ordinary to them??
floppyrod84

POSTER_ID:1357756

Send a message

Post by Firree
Flagged the gas station because.... the price was wrong? Three times.
Firree
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message
Attachments

Post by Firree
Boldly going nowhere
Firree
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message
Attachments

Post by Fish1552
Report from Saturday with the route apparently coinciding exactly with the projected route.

"it need to say. continue"

Apparently the person, not having reached their destination, could not determine they were not yet there.
Fish1552
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by Fish1552
ploben wrote:
In 9 months I have yet to thumb up a police report from other users. Its either a bad report or the cops here in CT are using Waze and getting smart.
A friend of mine is a local sheriff deputy and when he was running radar on I-95, he used to thumbs down Waze police reports.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk
Fish1552
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by Fish1552
nnote wrote:Let me just move that for ya...
Sometimes I wonder if people's mental capacity is such that they think GPS apps are designed and maintained by State or Federal Transportation Departments.
Fish1552
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by Fish1552
nzahn1 wrote:
taco909 wrote:
Fish1552 wrote: Sometimes I wonder if people's mental capacity is such that they think GPS apps are designed and maintained by State or Federal Transportation Departments.
We have had a number of people on the forum indicate that they believe that cities use Waze to find out about potholes and asking for hazard alerts to stay on the map longer.
With the Connected Citizens program, this might come closer to being true in some major cities:
No, I didn't mean people USING it to help out the DOT, I mean they often seem to think the DOT *CREATED* and maintains the app, not a private company with the help of volunteers. Help, I've seen people who seem to think Google Maps is put out by the US government.
Fish1552
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by Fish1552
bz2012 wrote:
General Error
none at this time
??? :)
Just means you're doing things right.
Fish1552
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by flee337
Just got this UR: "Time should be 9:41am"
flee337
Send a message

Post by flee337
funkiestj wrote:
EDIT: with regard to user reported map issue, what would you say the 'real issues' to 'bogus issues' ratio is (i.e. signal to noise)?
My experience - which is less than most on here, but I think still valuable ;) - has been about 10:1. I can't say that the 10 are completely bogus, but they at least don't contain enough info to solve. I see a lot on interstates and assume that something is showing up on the client that the user doesn't like (eg: instruction to take wrong exit , but the exit falls beyond the UR tracking range, etc).
flee337
Send a message