The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.
Post by txemt
I've been to New Orleans more times than I've been to Baton Rouge, but I could drive every road between the two with my eyes closed. I don't need Waze to tell me to get from point A to point B there.
txemt
Send a message
Just wazeting my time to help you waze your route smoothly.

Post by txemt
I was there from the age of 3 until I joined the Marines at 20, then moved back for 4 years after the Marines. Left 3 months before Katrina hit.

I remember his display in Harahan. I thought he lived near Lakeview.

I lived at Transcon and Vets when I moved back from the Marines.
txemt
Send a message

Post by txemt
I went to a restaurant in Baton Rouge. I had come in from Texas and my parents and I went to dinner. I THINK it was Copeland's Cheescake Bistro. I ordered the jambalaya. I must have been wearing some sort of Texans clothing, or something else to reveal I was living in Texas at the time. The server informs me "this dish does have a little spice to it," to which I told him "that's fine." He reiterated his point by informing me again, "you do understand that this dish is going to be spicy." I looked at him and said "I grew up 30 minutes from here, so bring on the spice. As a matter of fact, have them add in more bay leaves to bring up the spice more." He just sat there dumbfounded, then walked off. :lol:
txemt
Send a message

Post by txemt
How did we go from cheesecake to cheesesteak?
txemt
Send a message

Post by txemt
I have scenic route chosen for my settings....
txemt
Send a message

Post by txemt
txemt wrote:Waze gets its addresses from 3rd party clients. You'll have to contact Bing, Google, Yahoo, etc to have that changed.
That's pretty much what I use. When Google fixes the issue that I reported in Atlanta over Thanksgiving, and the two in Miami the following week, then maybe I'll change that answer, but they haven't fixed 3 of mine, yet.
txemt
Send a message

Post by txemt
mapcat wrote:But like CBenson says, if it isn't locked, I try to fix it in Google Mapmaker, and so far most of my edits have been approved.
Because of my refusal to add my real name to my Google profile, Google has limited my access to doing other things on Google up to and including making any edits in the mapmaker. This weekend, I've finally put my name onto my account, but I'm going through a "review" so they can make sure I am who I say I am and my Google account is still restricted, so......good luck on my end for changing the map. :)
txemt
Send a message

Post by txemt
jdeyoung wrote:Just saw this:

Problem:

where I'm at doesn't exist

Hmmm. So where exactly ARE they?
If it doesn't exist.....how are you there?
txemt
Send a message

Post by txemt
Problem: do not recommend exiting the Florida turnpike at coconut creek pkwy. this is a dangerous exit with frequent car jackings. they usually occur just off the exit when drivers stop to get gas
Reported on: December 20
txemt
Send a message

Post by txemt
Problem: can not make a right hand turn on red in Fort Worth
Reported on: December 10
Typically I mark these as solved, because there's really nothing I can do. What makes this a little more difficult other than the street he's referring to is not listed, this was reported in Richardson, Texas. Clear across the metroplex from Ft Worth. For those who don't know, the DFW Metroplex, Ft Worth is on the far west side, Richardson is on the NE side. Google Maps says it's a 46 mile (give or take) trip one way.....going THROUGH Dallas. Like I'm gonna go look for that UR's issue.....
txemt
Send a message