The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.
Post by HandofMadness
Here's me being so difficult, I'm getting called out in UR's....
my address is on San Carlos Way. Waze keeps directing me to enter my home from Bastanchury Road. This is not possible. I have reported this issue several times. SHAWNDOC, please do not keep saying that there is insufficient information to solve the problem. I believe my explanation of the issue is very clear.
The house runs along Bastanchury (major st), and depending on which house it is, there's not even a backyard between it and Bastanchury. The address and driveway are located on San Carlos, which is a residential st.

Thanks to Waze getting rid of any way to communicate to people reporting UR's, there's no way for me to PM them and explain there's nothing wrong with the map (there isn't, GPS tracks show the roads are where they should be), and they need to contact Bing to have the GPS coordinates moved closer to San Carlos.

So instead, the user is getting mad at ME, because I'm the only active editor in this city, and I keep "requesting more information" when he submits the UR. Guess maybe I'll just start marking it solved.
HandofMadness
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by HandofMadness
I think this is the person who PM'd me yesterday. I'm waiting to hear back if they are one and the same, or if it was someone else who had an issue with Waze routing to the wrong street. If not, I will probably try putting a landmark or road on top of the neighborhood to get him to contact me. Just hope Waze follows through with the more frequent updates.
HandofMadness
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by HandofMadness
Ran across a number of UR today from the same user. They were basically "This isn't a road, this is a parking lot/gas station/whatever."

The roads were all set to parking lot type, and were last edited in 2011.
HandofMadness
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by HandofMadness
Type: General error
Description: the two trucks on NB HWY 73 show that they are on Red Hill. this is not so.
HandofMadness
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by HandofMadness
bz2012 wrote: I find some areas with MANY 'stale reports'. It can not give the users a good impression of WAZE when their reports are ignored.
There's plenty of places like that, even in heavily populated areas in Southern California. When I started editing, I was finding places, in cities in Los Angeles County, that had plenty of of reports that were 3 months old. Areas near Palm Springs where there were reports dating back to January (In August). Similar in some of the areas in Orange County where I have edit access.

Its one of the reasons I miss the ability to see UR's in areas I don't currently have editor access to. I would find pockets of red UR's, and either request AM access or drive out to it, since it was clear their aren't any active local editors for that location.

Now I can't do that.
HandofMadness
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by HandofMadness
Sharp turn no signs
HandofMadness
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by HandofMadness
Description: cannot route to Connecticut - have you lost the east coast?
Looks like JetBlue is using Waze to navigate their planes. This was posted on the tarmac of Long Beach Airport (California).
HandofMadness
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by HandofMadness
Pretty sure AZ-64 isn't anywhere near Irvine, CA.
I-40 and AZ-64 should be connected; they are not currently.
And I checked, and they are connected.
https://www.waze.com/editor/?zoom=5&lat ... s=62579417
HandofMadness
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by HandofMadness
Description: it's Kaiser Elementary not Kaiser Elementary
I'll get right on th....wait a second....

(Bonus, no elementary school near UR location)
HandofMadness
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by HandofMadness
Description: should have another road for jack and te box drive through
No, we shouldn't.

(As a bonus, someone had already drawn in 90% of the lanes in the parking lot months ago.)
HandofMadness
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message