Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.
Post by HandofMadness
Fun one today thanks to the conversation feature. Had a "Missing Street" error submitted in Southern Orange County with no description. When he replied to my request for more info, he wanted to let me know that the problem was he was driving on some back roads near a city 6 hours away, he made a wrong turn, and because his phone didn't have a signal Waze wouldn't recalculate his route. He also stated he wasn't exactly sure where this happened.
HandofMadness
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by HandofMadness
sometimes she has a mind of her own.
HandofMadness
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by HandofMadness
she's not speaking to me
Maybe try offering her flowers?
HandofMadness
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by HandofMadness
gas
I can only assume that this is a complaint about the Taco Bell ads in the app.
HandofMadness
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by HandofMadness
This was a fun short conversation...

R> Turning right onto Clinton st from the location where I was at the time is not permitted beginning 7am on school days
Me> Can you give me a better description of where the right onto Clinton is prohibited? Your report is at the corner of La Brea and Clinton, and I"m not seeing any place where you might have been instructed to turn right onto Clinton.
R> Problem was a time restriction. Can't turn right onto Clinton after 7am on school days

Solution -> There was no turn restriction turning onto Clinton which is why I couldn't find it. It was a restriction turning onto La Brea.
HandofMadness
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by HandofMadness
Thortok2000 wrote:So this isn't based off a UR but I thought it was funny.

Yesterday I was driving north on Pleasantburg when I saw that Waze was highlighting it for 'slow traffic' (yellow.) It was warning me that the average traffic speed there was 39 mph.

The speed limit for that area is 40 mph.
Around here that would mean the average traffic was normally around 55 to 60. Traffic actually going the speed limit would be viewed by locals as a slow down.
HandofMadness
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by HandofMadness
In most parts of the country people get a pretty good idea of at what speed the local police will start issuing tickets, and drive a few miles below that. Sounds like in SC the ticket speed is 10 over.
HandofMadness
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by HandofMadness
I don't know, it was the bay area. Could have been a Prius or Tesla driver pissed off about the radio advertising gas guzzling trucks.
HandofMadness
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by HandofMadness
For some people, this is a revelation worthy of sharing with the masses.
HandofMadness
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by HandofMadness
davielde wrote:Obligatory red road posting. Moving on...
"Redroad. Redroad."
https://gs1.wac.edgecastcdn.net/8019B6/ ... qh3tjj.gif

:D
HandofMadness
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message