Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.
Post by foxitrot
While quoting a WME UR, somebody wrote:Problem: blahblahblah
Reported on: someday

Display related

User drive (GPS trace)
Report as: Open Solved Not identified Close
Folks, would you mind stripping such superfluous lines? Sometimes there are more of them than those containing an useful information :roll:
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
...with the good old crashing :roll: Symbian 2.1.99.114 (on N-E52), while
trying to get used to the good new asocial Android 4.xx.0.yyy (on OP-X March-me-Low).

Post by foxitrot
Superfraggle wrote:Why not just disable the option to add reports when the map is scrolled. Or a pop warning saying that reports can only be generated for your current location, not by scrolling to locations on screen.
When reporting anything on a scrolled map, the map immediately pans to the current location. This can be well observed on a larger screen and the user might get an idea, what's going on. Unfortunately, on smaller screens, the rapidly moving map is often perfectly covered by the already opened report dialog and various other navigation elements and remains unnoticed by the user.

A solution would be to postpone the dialog popup until the map is completely scrolled and rotated to the current position. But this would increase the GUI lagginess.
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
trying to get used to the good new asocial Android 4.xx.0.yyy (on OP-X March-me-Low).

Post by foxitrot
AndyPoms wrote:
General error (user reported)
Problem:
Does not exist
Excellent! I love problems, that finally get solved by themselves :smile:
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by foxitrot
razor2k wrote:Most editor's know if they're leaving a UR as a reminder for themselves, they will mark it as such in the description so it won't be confused with a report from a user.
Many (most?) editors are regularly experiencing such URs being nearly immediately closed, regardless of the verbosity of the entered text (if they were able to type anything in at all). No matter Solved or not - without any touched segment in the vicinity. Mostly by editors, who've never ever posted in the forum.
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by foxitrot
razor2k wrote:
paulkok_my wrote:PM them with links on editing? And advise them why they should not close certain UR.
We already do that and 98 times out of 100 they just ignore you or don't read the message to begin with :cry:
Sounds pretty familiar :-(
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by foxitrot
Funny :evil:
davipt wrote: If the string is take a left at the roundabout, me as a non-native-english speaker would also complain. It could be worse, it could be "turn left" :D
My translation in PT is something like "at the roundabout exit to the left" with the emphasis on the "exit". But yes sometimes people will get confused.
It _is_ worse, it _is_ "turn left" in our translation (and I suspect in many other as well). And wazers do complain, for years - desperately. And I can hardly think of an idiom, which would match both a numbered exit and a left/right drive through :-|
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by foxitrot
davipt wrote:
davipt wrote:My translation in PT is [...] with the emphasis on the "exit". But yes sometimes people will get confused.
at the roundabout, take the exit to the left
at the roundabout, take the exit to the right
at the roundabout, take the exit straight
[...]
And if they still complain, maybe a full blown instruction set to comply with the roundabout rules below (right next to home) http://binged.it/ZxCz47
You can emphasize the "exit" as strong as you want, but I'd bet that "at the roundabout, take the exit to the left" from "Rua Garcia de Orta" to "Rua da Estação Agronómica Nacional" will never get a broader acceptance :roll: Even if the roundabout were 1/3 of the size.

IMHO from some 10-15-20 meter diameter upwards there should be only numbered exits. Howgh.
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by foxitrot
top_gun_de wrote:
tonestertm wrote:And now for today's quantum traffic report,
nonexisting_location_web.jpg
Verdammt! Hätte er doch nicht nachgesehen...
...he would not be able to report it at all!
The location would possibly still (not)exist, but noone would be (un)aware of it. What's better/worse? :?
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by foxitrot
skathryngloor wrote: Apparently the Waze Alarm Clock was malfunctioning...
Beside this, Waze has always been observed to use some other type of time continuum. (At least the units like next, soon, later etc. were never translatable using the known SI constants.)
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by foxitrot
shawndoc wrote:
CTGreybeard wrote:
CBenson wrote:Although it would be easier if you could do it for the segment you are on.
I ran into that the other day. Short-term construction completely blocking the road but there was no way to close the road.
The report closures function doesn't work for the road you are already on?
It was intended to block some of the outgoing arrows. There is no way to directly avoid someone else reaching the same closure in the mid of road segment you're stuck at :roll: just indirectly, with no possible route continuation.
Additionally, in such cases, it sometimes likes to offer just some really random arrows from pretty large neighborhood :roll:
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message