Jolly drivers

The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: Jolly drivers

Postby elle-emme » Tue Mar 04, 2014 5:58 am

General error (user reported)
Problem: hard to see

Um... :shock:
elle-emme

Postby davielde » Sat Mar 01, 2014 12:10 pm

CBenson wrote:Ahh the perils of posting in the Jolly drivers thread.

It's not a peril if it helps fix a problem, even if you're humbled a bit in the process by not fully understanding all aspects of routing like the Champs and CMs do ;-)

daknife wrote:That said I took a look at it, made some tweaks for visual/turn instruction timing (moved the two turn ramp nodes back closer to where they actually start to ensure instructions are given in a timely manner. and changed the ramps to streets because at grade connectors are not Ramps.

The "ramps" are actually part of a "Michigan Left" exception initially developed and tweaked by sketch, with full knowledge during the process of our RC, GizmoGuy, who also helped tweak the Michigan wiki page for it. It is well-implemented throughout the state, and here is some documentation that was drafted. The two segments are locked at 5 now, but looking it over, the angles entering the "ramp" segments are no longer sharp enough to generate the "turn left" instructions and should at least be micro dog-legged back. The right turns onto the main road for access to the Michigan Left median u-turns from the two different parking lot roads are both legal as well, so I think that that is why the u-turns were so far forward to begin with. It is no longer possible to get to the u-turns from the parking lots, but that's probably minor compared to the amount of traffic being served on the main road. This is obviously the more contentious part...but the at-grade connectors should be changed back as well to meet the "Michigan Left" requirements.
davielde

Postby CBenson » Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:12 am

Ahh the perils of posting in the Jolly drivers thread.
CBenson
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby Daknife » Sat Mar 01, 2014 7:29 am

First the fact that it's an intersection of four cities is meaningless. Those don't affect routing. In fact for most of the time I find the city layer useless and turn it off.

That said I took a look at it, made some tweaks for visual/turn instruction timing (moved the two turn ramp nodes back closer to where they actually start to ensure instructions are given in a timely manner. and changed the ramps to streets because at grade connectors are not Ramps.

All that done, none of which should have affected the reported problems and I don't see what caused them. Note There are actually two UR's one at each turn connector. And another one further to the east. Makes me wonder if the User wasn't having GPS signals, or wasn't ignoring instructions to take a different route to the final destination. In fact I'm wondering if Waze wasn't trying to route the user back to the freeway (M-53) just a few blocks to the west.

Edit: Went back, restored the doglegs and returned to ramp status.
Last edited by Daknife on Tue Mar 04, 2014 7:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Daknife
Waze Mentor
Waze Mentor

Postby davielde » Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:24 pm

Would anyone care to take a crack at this one?
Turn restrictions look good. It's the intersection of four cities/townships...and Waze attempted urban Nascar!
Here's a permalink.
[ img ]
davielde

Postby irowiki » Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:23 pm

Update Request: General error
present location is <so and so street, so and so city>

I'm guessing he navigated to the wrong location so asked him just to be sure!
irowiki

Postby davielde » Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:44 pm

davielde

Postby jdeyoung » Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:25 pm

I just recently had a UR that contained social commentary on the neighborhoods he had just driven thru. It wasn't derogatory or anything, but I can only hope it was the passenger writing the commentary and not the driver. :D
jdeyoung

Location: Greater Chicago Metro area, NW Indiana, SW Lower MI, USA

Postby txemt » Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:55 pm

I had a booty call pop up on a UR once.
txemt
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby mapcat » Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:31 pm

russblau wrote:I had a hard time believing what I was seeing in this UR:

He accidentally copy-pasted something from a text/email and hit send instead of cancel.
mapcat

PreviousNext

Return to Waze Map Editor