Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.
Post by HandofMadness
Problem: Can't send you a map issue
Then what am I reading? :o
HandofMadness
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by HandofMadness
Or if they included some direction at the end of the u-turn. As of right now there is no instruction leading people to think Waze doesn't know it dead ends.
HandofMadness
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by HandofMadness
Today's face palm....
highway appears as 2 roads with different traffic for each
HandofMadness
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by HandofMadness
Looks like someone let the baby be the navigator...
fjdhfhdhfhcjxjdjfjfjfjfjcjcjcjcjfjhzshdjzjdfff?#8#8""++"+"8#+38293?#939339383844748448848484477777000000000011119200000000009#9#+$747574748$#:-P:-D:-)B-):'(:-[:-!:-*:-Do_O:-(:-(=-O:-P:-\;-)o_O:O:O<3<3:-D
yiuyuhyiittrimityy
HandofMadness
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by HandofMadness
General error (user reported)

Problem: everything is ok
Reported on: yesterday
HandofMadness
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by HandofMadness
fed ex driver picking nose
Its not funny when people are trying to wind up in this thread.
HandofMadness
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by HandofMadness
This is what happens when you give an infant your smarthphone as a distraction on a long trip.

http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/5947/uhbt.jpg
HandofMadness
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by HandofMadness
ctpoole wrote:Ok, this one baffles me:

Update Request: General error
this road is not there

Located here at Tranquility Ln

https://www.waze.com/editor/?lon=-97.58 ... TTTTTTTTTT
My guess is the tile failed to load in the client for whatever reason, so no road was appearing in the app where they were driving.
HandofMadness
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by HandofMadness
Any other SoCal editors want to ask this guy to provide more information on the map problem he reported?
It was a f*ing accident on my phone, how do I stop these comments? I don't have time to f*ing edit it in the map editor. It's been f*ing weeks, get over it.
Edited for language.
HandofMadness
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by HandofMadness
tckma wrote:"gave wrong directins (sic.) --as if trying to get to address through the woods"

This UR is still open. Permalink: https://www.waze.com/editor/?zoom=5&lat ... TT&env=usa

I see no GPS track, just the route provided, which looks OK to me. Unfortunately the editor never seems to show enough of the route or GPS track to determine the problem, and the user never seems to provide enough information. I have no idea, for example, what this particular wazer put in for a destination.
Looks like Waze did the old "Route them down a dead end segment to do a U-turn". Notice how the route starts right there at the very end, you often see that when Waze has done that sort of routing, and since there is no command given in the app, users often get confused (they see the next turn instruction, but no instruction to turn around) thinking Waze wants them to keep driving straight past the dead end. In this case, into the woods there.

Hard disable the u-turn there, and it should stop routing people there to turn around.
HandofMadness
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message