Jolly drivers

The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: Jolly drivers

Postby davipt » Fri May 17, 2013 8:27 am

In a serious note, you are joking, but the more I read the more I identify my own reports and see we have a serious need for private reports, visible only to self, without having other editors joking with them or wrongly closing them because they won't understand the cryptic message one can write while driving.

Let me pick some examples if I were to write them down:

"very bumpy" - consider decreasing the type. if already street and it's a street full of potholes and there are plenty of alternatives, consider using dirty.

"DR EES in AHA in" - sometimes the instruction is wrong but it's not easy to pan the map to confirm if the road behind is correct, so it's easier to write a reminder to confirm the street name and nuance spelling

General error (user reported) (gas stations) - reminder to verify the stations landmarks and access roads, using the green line to remind where is the entry and exit and if there is any restrictions. all that without a word!

"driving on dirt and the ended" - the distinction between dirty and 4x4. Doing geocache, have plenty of these. Dirty roads still marked as street, probably drawn by someone looking at the satelite map, the report marks where the road is no longer available to a regular car.

Anyway I'm not saying to not report them, they are funny anyway, but I'd recommend you'd have a serious conversation in your local forum and have an agreement on report abbreviations and personal marks so editors can understand each other and some of the cryptic reports and make sure those reports are not closed because they look silly, but let the reporter fix whatever he was meant to fix. Drives and reports sometimes takes time to be uploaded.

Because the report also contains the green and violet lines, including the instructions nearby, closing them will remove that information from the original reporter!
davipt
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby razor2k » Fri May 17, 2013 12:23 am

Problem:

very bumpy
Reported on:

May 14

:?
razor2k

Postby RoyaltyWoody » Thu May 16, 2013 6:05 am

Problem: the sign is flipped over

Can anyone here tell me how to change the Waze map such that the sign will no longer be flipped over? Either that, or perhaps one of the Country Managers could swing by and fix the sign... you know, drive right over there and flip the sign back up. :lol:
RoyaltyWoody
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby txemt » Tue May 14, 2013 6:17 am

daknife wrote:It looks to me like a bad speech to text conversion
txemt wrote:DR EES in AHA in
Change the 'D' to a 'B' break the 'EES' into 'E' and 'S', change both the in's to 'N' and you have "br e s n aha n" which is the spelling of the road.

It looks already correctly spelled I wonder if the driver is complaining about the pronunciation, which of course we have no control over.

:lol: My medical brain totally didn't see that. I was thinking there was a doctors' office somewhere in the neighborhood that I was missing. :D
txemt
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby Daknife » Tue May 14, 2013 4:55 am

It looks to me like a bad speech to text conversion
txemt wrote:DR EES in AHA in
Change the 'D' to a 'B' break the 'EES' into 'E' and 'S', change both the in's to 'N' and you have "br e s n aha n" which is the spelling of the road.

It looks already correctly spelled I wonder if the driver is complaining about the pronunciation, which of course we have no control over.
Daknife
Waze Mentor
Waze Mentor

Postby txemt » Tue May 14, 2013 4:01 am

Problem: Mystic park is the road to the right Bresnahan spelled DR EES in AHA in his road left which is the one I need to take
Reported on: yesterday

Display related ( show)

User drive (GPS trace) Waze provided route
General error (user reported)
Report as:Open Solved Not identified

https://www.waze.com/editor/?zoom=5&lat ... TTTFTTTFTT

Ok. I get the first part. I'm lost after "spelled"
txemt
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby d_a_price » Tue May 14, 2013 1:36 am

General error (user reported)
(no description)

Screen Shot 2013-05-13 at 8.15.54 PM.jpg
(146.05 KiB) Downloaded 1781 times

*stops at gas station and walks in* "Hey, does this map on my phone look right to you?"
*cashier nods*
"Yeah? I think I'm gonna get a second opinion at the gas station across the street first."
*walks into another gas station* "Hi, I didn't trust the guy at the other gas station, does this map look right?"
*this cashier nods too*
"You gas station workers always lie. I'm gonna have to to assume the map is wrong here."
d_a_price
Map Editor - level 2
Map Editor - level 2

Postby orbitc » Sun May 12, 2013 11:59 pm

:o
Screen Shot 2013-05-12 at 7.24.08 PM.png
(144.74 KiB) Downloaded 1928 times
orbitc
Master Raider
Master Raider

Postby AndyPoms » Sun May 12, 2013 11:27 pm

driving79 wrote:
Problem: A grammar correction: The voice should say, "Drive safely." "Drive safe" is incorrect.

Wow, and I thought I was strict about grammar! I feel better now.

There is a thread about this somewhere - and "Drive safe" is actually grammatically correct.
AndyPoms
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby driving79 » Sun May 12, 2013 11:11 pm

Problem: A grammar correction: The voice should say, "Drive safely." "Drive safe" is incorrect.

Wow, and I thought I was strict about grammar! I feel better now.
driving79
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs

PreviousNext

Return to Waze Map Editor