Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.
Post by R4CLucky14
gettingthere wrote:Here's a good one! Apparently this is one vote against more communications for the WME Update Request system. This Wazer is really jolly.

"wtf. I keep sending this and I keep getting emails asking for more details. this pos told me to get off a main road, now it's going to put me back on on. it needs to keep people on main roads instead on residential streets! and please don't email me about it."
LOL
R4CLucky14
Send a message
Tennessee Editors, paritipate in our Wikipage

Area Manager: Southeast Tennessee, USA. Includes Athens, Benton, Cleveland, Englewood, Greenback, Maryville, Madisonville, and surrounding areas.
Phone: HTC Thunderbolt, Verizon, Android 2.3.4.

Post by R4CLucky14
foxitrot wrote:
Mike-1323 wrote:Expects a lot out of a phone GPS, doesn't he? :lol:
Actually, the phones' GPS are much better than Waze's snap-car-icon-to-the-correct-segment logic :roll:
Yep. When I look at my traces (HTC Thunderbolt), it has me on within one lane of where I was actually driving. For example, I was driving on I-40 (I don't think you can draw it driving. Traffic was a stand-still. Mid-way through, Waze decided to work and tell me to exit in .5 miles. I had to cross 4 lanes of traffic (At least I wasn't going 80+, :P). My GPS tracks show I was in the far-left lane and that I gradually worked my-self into the far-right lane. Spot-on.

Likewise, my latest drive clearly shows me in the exit lane instead of the right lane (for the most part).

Of course, signal never stays perfect and sometimes it shows my tracks in the left lane when I'm in the exit lane (one lane between) - that isn't too bad - and definitely better than what Waze is expecting. Maybe Waze needs to design something that if a certain user's average inaccuracies, should be used for the snapping purposes, not a hard-coded number for all devices. Obviously, older (or cheaper) technology tends to be a little less accurate. Newer, future, and more expensive devices may be even more accurate.
R4CLucky14
Send a message
Tennessee Editors, paritipate in our Wikipage

Area Manager: Southeast Tennessee, USA. Includes Athens, Benton, Cleveland, Englewood, Greenback, Maryville, Madisonville, and surrounding areas.
Phone: HTC Thunderbolt, Verizon, Android 2.3.4.

Post by RallyChris
jshambl wrote:Type: General error
Description: driving sideways

Followed by (a few miles up the road)

Type: General error
Description: driving backwards.

And then

Type: General error
Description: vehicle turned sideways

Not sure how (s)he expects Waze to help with this. :lol:
Well, the application doesn't make any distinction that non waze developers/employees are getting these reports. So, unfortunately until they make that distinction, we get application error reports. (which I've seen this behavior, in the 3.0 beta)
RallyChris
Send a message
Portland, OR / USA - Mega Mapper
Wiki: Area Manager | Map Editing | Known Issues List
Official Suggestion Websites (hosted by uservoice):
Waze Client | Waze Website / Editor
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/d/d9/W ... 00k_5c.png

Post by randomact
crazycomputingdotnet wrote:Why do users have the ability to add red light / speed cameras at all? These are stationary and should be up to editors to add.
Some speed cameras are mounted on mobile trailers in some juristictions and get moved around based on time of year so I suppose this is to allow this to be updated rather than having an editor checking to see if it's still there
randomact
Send a message
---->
RandomAct
Area Manager, Prince George, BC, Canada

Post by randomact
"We got lost"

PEBSWAGP? (Problem Exists Between Steering Wheel and Gas Pedal)
randomact
Send a message
---->
RandomAct
Area Manager, Prince George, BC, Canada

Post by ranttine
General Error-rampage. No explanation on any of those. Similar spree in another place about 50km from here.

http://s1.postimg.org/de8qy6f4b/Screen_Shot_2015_06_04_at_11_02_23.jpg
ranttine
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by ranttine
Mystical creatures..
Screen Shot 2016-05-16 at 15.47.29.png
(90.77 KiB) Downloaded 2228 times
ranttine
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

ranttine
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by razor2k
This guy wasn't so jolly..... :shock:

Type:

General error
Description:

won't find the f___ing house it's sending me in circles
Reported on:
razor2k
Send a message
Area Manager: Pinellas, Pasco & Hillsborough Counties FL
Phone: Samsung GS 2, Sprint, Android 4.1.2
Waze: 3.7.2

Waze FAQ...Best Map Editing Practice...Correct Server?...User Manual

Post by razor2k
txemt wrote:OMG OMG OMG!!!!! I never thought I'd see something like this!!!!

Problem: I wanna take the time to thank all of the map editors. You are doing a great job! Keep it up.
Reported on: March 21

Display related

User drive (GPS trace) Waze provided route

Instead of bitching at us, we get an awesome thank you.
That is pretty astonishing! :lol:
razor2k
Send a message
Area Manager: Pinellas, Pasco & Hillsborough Counties FL
Phone: Samsung GS 2, Sprint, Android 4.1.2
Waze: 3.7.2

Waze FAQ...Best Map Editing Practice...Correct Server?...User Manual