Jolly drivers

The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: Jolly drivers

Postby Kobes1878 » Thu Jul 17, 2014 7:40 am

Aren't all the "Jersey Shore" folk from Staten Island anyway?? Let's just rename this beautifully smelling island the Jersey Shore and be done with it. 8-)

The present shores in Jersey can be renamed the Garden Shore. Or just Sandy Beach. Maybe that ones a bad choice.

Sent from another Galaxy using Tapatalk 2
ImageImageImageImage
State Manager: NJ | Country Manager: USA
Kobes1878
Map Raider
Map Raider

Postby Fredo-p » Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:35 am

Kobes1878 wrote:Or just Sandy Beach. Maybe that ones a bad choice.

:shock: :shock: :shock: :o :o :o :o :o :o :o
To soon?
Fredo-p
Beta tester
Beta tester

Postby Kobes1878 » Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:52 am

Fredo-p wrote:
Kobes1878 wrote:Or just Sandy Beach. Maybe that ones a bad choice.

:shock: :shock: :shock: :o :o :o :o :o :o :o
To soon?

Meh. No such thing. It's a myth.

Besides, being that I actually experienced this tragic event firsthand and subsequently volunteered (along with thousands of others) in multiple cities in NY and NJ helping people reclaim their belongings while demolishing remainders of homes, I'm pretty sure I get a free pass here. In no way did I intend to diminish from the fact that there are still hundreds if not thousands of people still attempting to rebuild. This is a Jolly thread after all...

Now had I said something like maybe put the island on Malaysian Air and see where they end up... Then ya maybe that would've been too soon.

Although there is no such thing. :twisted:

ImageImageImageImage
State Manager: NJ | Country Manager: USA
Kobes1878
Map Raider
Map Raider

Postby Shaq23 » Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:02 am

Ultimate Jolly Driver?!

At first glance, This UR seemed ligament.. "Map is showing Pearl Street in Paterson as a one-way in the wrong direction".
I looked a little closer at his GPS trace (seemed like he knew better not to follow Waze) and SV, and I see this guy has cruised down this one-way street, thinking he was traveling in the right direction! He was so confident, he even took his time to report it..
Just looking at his GPS path you can see that this makes the list of the top Ten Most Jolly Drivers!
(This is one scenario where I wish we had access to view his entire route) :D
Attachments
pearl street gem (1).png
Pearl Street
pearl street gem (1).png (254.02 KiB) Viewed 722 times
"with so many Waze, why settle for less?"
ImageImage
Shaq23

Postby jasonh300 » Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:20 pm

Shaq23 wrote:Ultimate Jolly Driver?!

At first glance, This UR seemed ligament.. "Map is showing Pearl Street in Paterson as a one-way in the wrong direction".
I looked a little closer at his GPS trace (seemed like he knew better not to follow Waze) and SV, and I see this guy has cruised down this one-way street, thinking he was traveling in the right direction! He was so confident, he even took his time to report it..
Just looking at his GPS path you can see that this makes the list of the top Ten Most Jolly Drivers!

Keep a close eye on that one. Someone reversed the direction of Pearl Street on the map today. Also, all of the GPS tracks point west.

(Note that the user who reversed the street either didn't complete the job at the west end of the street, or didn't set all the turn restrictions correctly.

The aerial images seem to show the cars pointed east, but if you drop streetview at Summer and Pearl, you'll see that the one-way signs point west.

Sometimes you have to do a little bit more investigation than just looking at the aerials. They can be 2 or 3 years old.
New Orleans, Louisiana, USA
South-Central Regional Coordinator
(LA/MS/AR...contact karlcr9911 for TX/OK related issues)
U.S. Champ, Global Champ
Waze FAQ ... Best Map Editing Practice
Ask me about Louisiana Editors Chat in Google Hangouts!
jasonh300
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby jasonh300 » Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:27 pm

jasonh300 wrote:
Shaq23 wrote:Ultimate Jolly Driver?!

Keep a close eye on that one. Someone reversed the direction of Pearl Street on the map today. Also, all of the GPS tracks point west.

(Note that the user who reversed the street either didn't complete the job at the west end of the street, or didn't set all the turn restrictions correctly.

The aerial images seem to show the cars pointed east, but if you drop streetview at Summer and Pearl, you'll see that the one-way signs point west.

Sometimes you have to do a little bit more investigation than just looking at the aerials. They can be 2 or 3 years old.

To clarify this, if you drop the streetview anywhere ON Pearl street, it shows the one-way pointed East. Those streetview images are dated April, 2012.

If you drop streetview onto Summer street, just south of Pearl and look towards Pearl, the one-way points west and that image is dated September 2013.

So the direction of the street actually has been reversed sometime between 4/2012 and 9/2013.
New Orleans, Louisiana, USA
South-Central Regional Coordinator
(LA/MS/AR...contact karlcr9911 for TX/OK related issues)
U.S. Champ, Global Champ
Waze FAQ ... Best Map Editing Practice
Ask me about Louisiana Editors Chat in Google Hangouts!
jasonh300
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby manoeuvre » Sat Jul 19, 2014 3:49 am

Problem: 7368 yonge street Toronto, took me to a totally incorrect destination, and I ended up missing an appointment. I'm uninstalling the app.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canadian Country Manager | Greater Toronto Area Manager | @Waze_Canada
manoeuvre
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Postby yogi_fuggin_bear » Sun Jul 20, 2014 3:10 am

Sigh...

General error (user reported)

Problem: why is the road in red
Reported on: July 15
Closed on: yesterday by yogi_fuggin_bear(2)
Puttering along....
yogi_fuggin_bear

Postby tonestertm » Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:09 pm

manoeuvre wrote:Problem: 7368 yonge street Toronto, took me to a totally incorrect destination, and I ended up missing an appointment. I'm uninstalling the app.
What am I missing here? Why is this the remotest bit jolly?
tonestertm
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs

Postby Olestas » Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:07 am

Because if you have to go to some place and it is important, you have to check the location yourself first, to be sure that navigation systems are taking you to correct place. Every navigation system might have errors. Why would you rely 100% on it, if you have important appointment? I almost always check, where navigation is taking me. Especially on long routes. Would not want to end up somewhere wrong, just because google had wrong address there.
ImageImageImageImage

GC: Latvia
Coordinator: Latvia/Lithuania/Belarus
Country manager (Full coverage): Latvia/Lithuania/Belarus/Russia/Ukraine
Olestas
Coordinators
Coordinators

PreviousNext

Return to Waze Map Editor