Jolly drivers

The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Moderator: Unholy

Re: Jolly drivers

Postby Thortok2000 » Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:23 pm

I assume the road name is already entered into Waze correctly?

I don't get why some users report things like 'no stop sign' or 'missing sign', it's like...that's the road, not Waze. What are you reporting exactly? *scratches head*

Maybe they want us to report it to the department of transportation.

I would reply and say "The issue with the sign should be reported to your local DoT. You can contact them at blah blah blah"
ImageImage
Area Manager of Greenville, SC! ^_^
Thortok2000
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby Thortok2000 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:09 am

Now that I'm editing again, I'm wondering if this is an acceptable (if long) response to "it routed me a block out of my path" or other "why the heck did it take me that way" UR's.

Waze attempts to route you around traffic using both live and historic time-of-day traffic data (automatically collected from Wazers like you as you drive along with Waze on, even if you have not set a destination to navigate to), and suggests what it believes to be the fastest route, not the shortest (unless you set it that way, but default is fastest.)

Waze does the best it can with the traffic data it's given, but sometimes it will route you an unexpected or undesired path instead of the simplest or shortest because it believes there's traffic to avoid and/or that the suggested route would be faster.

Simply continue to drive using Waze (you can ignore the suggested route or take it, that's up to you, Waze is happy to quickly recalculate if you drive off its suggested path) and either way it will continue to get data to use to make smarter decisions in the future.

(If you have the time and inclination, try driving /both/ your preferred way and Waze's suggested way a few times each; this should give Waze enough data to compare the two options and pick the one that's truly faster. If not, then simply driving one of these paths is still adding data for Waze.)

I'm sorry that the route given was not to your liking this time, but the map appears to have the correct structure in this area. If you still wish to pass on your feedback about the route that was suggested, please report the issue on the Navigation & Routing forum ( https://www.waze.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=6 ). If you have any errors to report about the structure of the map however, feel free to open another report!

Thanks for using Waze and we hope your drives are always pleasant!
Last edited by Thortok2000 on Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:16 pm, edited 5 times in total.
ImageImage
Thortok2000
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby Thortok2000 » Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:09 pm

Cool. I've slightly edited it since I made that post though, I've edited with the changes.

But yeah, it's common enough I keep it in a text file and copy and paste it when applicable! The other response I copy and paste is this (as a default opener):

Could you please provide more information about your issue?
ImageImage
Thortok2000
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby Thortok2000 » Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:57 am

That's gonna be a long trip from NJ to FL, although there's definitely a street in FL called '2nd place sw.' Apparently it wasn't quite good enough to get 1st place.

Wonder what part of the directions were wrong, if it was in NJ it might be something to actually fix.
ImageImage
Thortok2000
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby Thortok2000 » Fri Jan 10, 2014 4:09 am

Ha, I've had to frogger before too, actually. In fact where I'm working now Waze wants me to frogger on the way to work. Luckily there's a break in traffic roughly every minute and a half so it's not too long of a wait for it to be clear in both directions.
ImageImage
Thortok2000
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby Thortok2000 » Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:40 am

the train station entrance dummy

Apparently train stations now put dummies at their entrances and there appears to be a problem of some kind with this one.
ImageImage
Thortok2000
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby Thortok2000 » Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:42 am

traffic is following at the posted speed limit

This is apparently quite the problem in South Carolina. How dare they go that slow?!
ImageImage
Thortok2000
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby Thortok2000 » Mon Jan 20, 2014 4:21 pm

Tell the user you're unsure of how to mark a yield sign and if he could find an example of another yield sign that's been marked properly so you could copy it that would be really helpful.
ImageImage
Thortok2000
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby Thortok2000 » Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:01 pm

mapcat wrote:
Thortok2000 wrote:Tell the user you're unsure of how to mark a yield sign and if he could find an example of another yield sign that's been marked properly so you could copy it that would be really helpful.

Result: 2000 URs for missing yield signs, stop signs, school zones, no parking signs...

First they'd have to actually find an example of one that's actually been marked.
ImageImage
Thortok2000
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby Thortok2000 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:02 am

daknife wrote:
bz2012 wrote:I give up!

Update Request: General error
Unmarked yield sign
Submitted 6 days ago

How do I mark a yield sign?

You drive out to the sign with a Sharpie, and mark the darn sign. Just a simple dot will do.

Tapatalking via my Galaxy S4

Put up a sign next to the yield sign that says "Hey I marked this yield sign now, please don't open up any Waze map reports" so the guy can see it next time he drives by lol
ImageImage
Thortok2000
Area Manager
Area Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Waze Map Editor