Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.
Post by CTGreybeard
Problem: I am currently at 134 Umpawaug Rd, redding, CT - waze is off by .02 miles in the location.
Wow, A WHOLE 105 feet! Shoot the cartographer!
CTGreybeard
Send a message

Post by CTGreybeard
jasonh300 wrote:I think I'm going to buy one of those A/C vent mounts for it.
I got one of these: which, for me, puts the phone right at the level of the vent. As it fits in the CD slot you need a CD slot in a convenient location. For my Saturn VUE it's perfect.
CTGreybeard
Send a message

Post by CTGreybeard
UR: Missing Road
Problem: who need a street
Screen Shot 2013-06-15 at 1.45.51 PM.jpg
(45.45 KiB) Downloaded 1941 times
Are you in a boat?
CTGreybeard
Send a message

Post by CTGreybeard
Here's one for the books!

That spot is on one of the approach paths for Westchester Airport. That's my guess. I don't think there is a plane on the ground there ... :roll:
CTGreybeard
Send a message

Post by CTGreybeard
I've seen a couple of those overly energetic reporters, not quite to THAT level though. We need to channel that energy into map edits don't you think?
CTGreybeard
Send a message

Post by CTGreybeard
orbitc wrote:Most likely for points perhaps?
I may be naive but I have taken these repeated reports to mean interest in the map or at least in the route they are getting. The key word is "interest" for whatever their reason. I really don't think someone would be posting all those reports just for points. Not that the interest in necessarily positive but we do have their attention. Unfortunately it may be frustration which isn't usually a good thing.
CTGreybeard
Send a message

Post by CTGreybeard
Well, you certainly can't close that as "Not Enough Information" now can you? Maybe "TMI"!?
CTGreybeard
Send a message

Post by CTGreybeard
orbitc wrote::o
Screen Shot 2013-07-24 at 6.30.08 PM.jpg
There's never a cop when you want one.
CTGreybeard
Send a message

Post by CTGreybeard
I don't know that this falls under "Jolly Drivers" but it is SURE to cause confusion! I just happened to stumble across it tonight.

Near me there is a country intersection and I happened to notice that a short section here had a one-way street. I should have noticed that it was locked at Level 5 by AndyPoms. He only does that for a reason, but I didn't notice that right away. Now, around here one-way is pretty rare out in the country roads. So I went to dig further and found the strangest thing.

When coming North on Newtown Turnpike the FIRST indication that you are going the WRONG WAY on a one-way street is WHEN YOU GET TO THE END. See attached screenshot!

I'm just going to have to drive down there tomorrow to see it for myself!
CTGreybeard
Send a message
Attachments

Post by CTGreybeard
CBenson wrote:Although it would be easier if you could do it for the segment you are on.
I ran into that the other day. Short-term construction completely blocking the road but there was no way to close the road. All I could do was report Construction.
CTGreybeard
Send a message