The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Joining roads

Post by supersleeper
There's some areas where users have only recorded part of the length of a road, with other users having recorded other parts of the road. How do I join roads so that they are complete?
supersleeper

POSTER_ID:72820

Send a message

Post by QuickOK
Usually if the road is straight-away the edit the geometry and stretch the road to close to or on top of the intersection/node you want to connect to. This is a small blue dot on each end of the road. It is possible the road is not connected to a node (little blue dot) then just stretch the road to the other node/intersection (little blue dot). select one segment to be connected and press "ctrl" while selecting the desired road to be connected to. Select on the edit panel connect roads or press c, either way select "yes" to are you sure and walla... just wake sure you edit both roads to be same direction, city, state (if applicable) and especially the name of the road.
QuickOK
Send a message

Post by robin1979
supersleeper wrote:"Disconnect Road from node" is the only option I get in the edit panel. :shock:

There's also multiple roads recorded at that point (but not joined!!!)....which probably isn't helping...

Are we going to see some area managers in Australia soon to take care of things like this?

First, connect 2 road together, not a road and a node.

Second, you can become an area manager in Australia. Just send a mail to alpha@waze.com with a spermalink from cartouche of the area you'd like to manager.
robin1979
Send a message
MapSquadEurope
Area Manager - Europe

Post by supersleeper
"Disconnect Road from node" is the only option I get in the edit panel. :shock:

There's also multiple roads recorded at that point (but not joined!!!)....which probably isn't helping...

Are we going to see some area managers in Australia soon to take care of things like this?
supersleeper
Send a message

Post by supersleeper
Thanks Robin.
supersleeper
Send a message