The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.
Post by Spil
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:Four days is about the minimum for Waze to process routes.
My routes up through Saturday (2 days ago) are "processed" enough to show on my Dashboard and in my archive ... but (just checked again, yep) I still can't edit around Thursday's route :?. Ah well, maybe tomorrow ... time for bed now. :)
Spil
Send a message
I'm Spil, and I approve this message! :D
~ ~ AM: Upstate NY; CM: USA/Canada ~ ~
Wazing the I-86 Corridor with my Casio C771 G'zOne Commando
New York Editors: To-Do List!
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/c/c8/W ... 00k_6c.png

Post by Spil
Figured out part of the problem -- some of the segments that I was selecting in order to test editing permissions had been locked by an IGN level 3 -- since I'm only an AM level 2 (but not for much longer ;) ), these segments were showing as uneditable. On these, I snuck in through the "back door" (cartouche_old) and selected/saved the segments to unlock them.

I'm still having trouble in one area, though -- it's with the junctions created by admin(6). I can unlock and edit the street segments around the junctions, but I don't have permissions (in either "_old" or new) to edit/delete/un-restrict/etc. these junctions. I saw something posted about that somewhere else here, but can't find it now to see if there's a fix for that or not. :roll: Guess it's bedtime, try again tomorrow! :D

CORRECTION: Just took a look via the "editable area" checkbox (DUH!). The area that I'm able to edit now includes the area from the trip that I took on Friday and Saturday, but not the area from my Thursday evening trip (151.7 miles, with about a quarter of that through previously uncharted territory for me). This trip is showing in my Archive, so I know it was recorded -- but why can't I edit the area around that trip, when I can edit the area around a later trip? :cry:
Spil
Send a message

Post by Spil
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:Route processing is still a bit ambiguous to us, but we know that longer routes do take more time to process and often an older, longer route will not appear until after shorter more recent ones. It makes sense that the editable area update also may follow a similar update behavior.
That makes sense. I checked back at the routes that I recorded Thursday-Saturday, because I know I drove more Friday and Saturday than Thursday ... but I see that the Fri-Sat was done in pieces, nothing bigger than 100 miles at a time ... so maybe that's why the 151-mile route hasn't made it into editing yet. (I do see a bit added from Thursday morning's shorter route also.) Sure hope it gets there soon -- I don't get out that way very often to try again to get it added (but it's where I grew up, so I know the area pretty well).
Spil
Send a message

Post by world_f7fcm9a0
I am struggling with this one too - any advice? Removing the google link doesn't seem to work. Do i need to have driven in the area for a pre-set amount of time?
world_f7fcm9a0
Send a message