Camera Speed

The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Camera Speed

Postby CBenson » Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:46 pm

My understanding of camera speeds was that whatever was entered in WME was stored as the speed without units. Thus, if I entered 40 as the camera speed in WME then if you have your app unit set to mile, waze will trigger a audible warning if you are exceeding 40 mph approaching the camera. But if you have your app unit set to Km then waze will trigger the warning if you are exceeding 40 km/hr as discussed here.

However, with the new setting option in WME, we can select our units. Thus if I enter a camera speed as 30 MP/H, with the units set to Imperial, and then switch the units to metric, the camera speed will show in WME as 48 KM/H. This would suggest that the camera speed is stored now as an actual speed value.

Does anyone know if a camera entered as say 30 MP/H in WME will now trigger an audible warning at 48 KM/H if you have your client unit set to KM?
Regional Coordinator: Mid-Atlantic, US
Verizon, Nexus 6, Android 6.0.1, Waze 4.7.0.902
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps

Re: Camera Speed

Postby CBenson » Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:54 pm

I have now tested this. The speed does seem to now be saved as a real speed value.

If I now approach cameras entered in WME as either 35 MP/H or 55 KM/H with the app unit set to mile at 40 mph (64 km/h) both will give an audible alarm. If I approach the same cameras at 30 mph (48 km/h) neither give an audible alarm.

If I approach cameras entered in WME as either 35 MP/H or 55 KM/H with the app unit set to km at 64 km/h (40 mph) both with give an audible alarm. If I approach the same cameras at 48 km/h (30 mph) neither give an audible alarm.
Regional Coordinator: Mid-Atlantic, US
Verizon, Nexus 6, Android 6.0.1, Waze 4.7.0.902
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps

Return to Waze Map Editor