The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.
Post by resmota
faromasa wrote:
redviper26 wrote:Hey guys,

Let us know if you find any issues,

Noam

Hi Noam,

we have several bodies of water placed over streets, highways or in some areas that never existed a river before.
all of them were created by the user waze-maint-bot(6)

are those water bodies verified in some geological map or something like that?

Thanks

https://www.waze.com/editor/?env=row&lo ... 42.4451706
And we've been deleting some of those created over existing ones...
resmota
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by resmota
RodNav wrote:When you say 'time', are we talking weeks or months?
soon...
resmota
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by Robert04101
Perhaps the Waze team is mapping predicted water levels after the Greenland ice all melts.... :D

In any case, please don't rush to roll this "improvement" out to the US server.
Robert04101
Send a message

Post by Robert04101
james890526 wrote:URs have been flooding in as we're not supposed to "hack" the water bodies on land, but leaving us guessing and hoping for a fix is not good too.
Emphasis added. I see what you did there... :D
Robert04101
Send a message

Post by RodNav
redviper26 wrote:I understand and we are working on a fix. Unfortunately it takes time, more than we would like. I'll keep you guys updated on any developments.

Thanks,

Noam
Could you not give a Country Manager or two the ability to make the changes in their country? I would be more than willing to tackle the large number of problem areas in South Africa.

A further issue you may not be aware of, is that the water areas are not seen as part of the country. This means that Country Managers cannot assist with any editing in those areas unless they driven there recently (I found that out when trying to downlock for someone). Surely that makes this a high priority issue?

Thanks
Rod
RodNav
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message
Country Manager for South Africa.
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G

Post by RodNav
redviper26 wrote:As you wrote, it's relevant to the borders issue as well. I'm afraid it will take time, but that can't be helped.
Ok, I understand. Thanks for the response.
When you say 'time', are we talking weeks or months? It would be useful to be able to respond to the numerous URs about this, with an approximate time period.

Thanks
Rod
RodNav
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Post by RodNav
resmota wrote:
RodNav wrote:When you say 'time', are we talking weeks or months?
soon...
That's the answer I was afraid of :lol:
RodNav
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Post by RodNav
redviper26 wrote:
RodNav wrote:
redviper26 wrote:As you wrote, it's relevant to the borders issue as well. I'm afraid it will take time, but that can't be helped.
Ok, I understand. Thanks for the response.
When you say 'time', are we talking weeks or months? It would be useful to be able to respond to the numerous URs about this, with an approximate time period.

Thanks
Rod
I honestly don't know. I'll keep you guys updated.
Ok, thanks. "I don't know" is actually an acceptable answer. At least it's better answer than "soon". :P
RodNav
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Post by RodNav
I'm getting tired of seeing URs about driving in the sea.
I wonder how many newbies have left waze because they don't think their maps are any good?
Come on waze, give this some priority, or at least respond here with any sort of progress.
RodNav
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Post by RodNav
james890526 wrote:Looks like we're drowning in Waze everyday for more than a year and nothing seems to have been done to fix the underlying issue.
That's why in South Africa we used islands as a (long-term!) temporary fix. We just got tired of all the URs about it. But we did do it in a sensible way. We set up a shared doc where we noted the 'islands' we added. That way we can easily remove them when (if?) waze ever decides to fix this.

Hmm, we stored permalinks in that document. Could be a problem with the upcoming permalink format change. Oh well, the roads in sea issue is not seen as important by waze anyhow... ;)
RodNav
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message