Bodies of water are now places!

The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: Bodies of water are now places!

Postby bazgrant » Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:37 am

Ah ok, fair enough. Thank you, I will be patient :)
bazgrant
 
Posts: 316
Joined: Thu May 03, 2012 5:27 pm
Location: UK
Has thanked: 21 times
Been thanked: 78 times

Re: Bodies of water are now places!

Postby james890526 » Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:23 am

redviper26 wrote:Not all bodies of water were changed to areas, plus the underwater issue is a complicated one and around the world - fixing it is slow.


So is it ok for us local editors to add an Island area around the "underwater" areas to temporarily "fix" the issue and to avoid Wazers reporting about this issue everywhere else? ;)
Best regards,
Zhong Zhen (james890526)

[ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ]

Waze Malaysia [ img ] [ img ]
james890526
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
 
Posts: 224
Joined: Sun Jun 22, 2014 7:00 pm
Has thanked: 51 times
Been thanked: 36 times

Re: Bodies of water are now places!

Postby redviper26 » Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:09 am

james890526 wrote:
redviper26 wrote:Not all bodies of water were changed to areas, plus the underwater issue is a complicated one and around the world - fixing it is slow.


So is it ok for us local editors to add an Island area around the "underwater" areas to temporarily "fix" the issue and to avoid Wazers reporting about this issue everywhere else? ;)


We are working to solve that issue, and a hack may interfere with the solution, so I don't think that's the best way to go.
redviper26
Waze Team
Waze Team
 
Posts: 2232
Joined: Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:05 pm
Has thanked: 470 times
Been thanked: 2003 times

Re: Bodies of water are now places!

Postby faromasa » Fri Mar 27, 2015 2:00 pm

redviper26 wrote:Hey guys,

Let us know if you find any issues,

Noam



Hi Noam,

we have several bodies of water placed over streets, highways or in some areas that never existed a river before.
all of them were created by the user waze-maint-bot(6)

are those water bodies verified in some geological map or something like that?

Thanks

https://www.waze.com/editor/?env=row&lo ... 42.4451706


Fábio
faromasa
Country Manager
Country Manager
 
Posts: 303
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:01 pm
Location: São Paulo
Has thanked: 285 times
Been thanked: 277 times

Re: Bodies of water are now places!

Postby resmota » Fri Mar 27, 2015 2:12 pm

faromasa wrote:
redviper26 wrote:Hey guys,

Let us know if you find any issues,

Noam



Hi Noam,

we have several bodies of water placed over streets, highways or in some areas that never existed a river before.
all of them were created by the user waze-maint-bot(6)

are those water bodies verified in some geological map or something like that?

Thanks

https://www.waze.com/editor/?env=row&lo ... 42.4451706


And we've been deleting some of those created over existing ones...
resmota
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
 
Posts: 2982
Joined: Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:04 pm
Has thanked: 1692 times
Been thanked: 3385 times

Re: Bodies of water are now places!

Postby LeandroWoody75 » Fri Mar 27, 2015 2:22 pm

resmota wrote:
faromasa wrote:
redviper26 wrote:Hey guys,
Let us know if you find any issues,
Noam

Hi Noam,
we have several bodies of water placed over streets, highways or in some areas that never existed a river before.
all of them were created by the user waze-maint-bot(6)
are those water bodies verified in some geological map or something like that?
Thanks
https://www.waze.com/editor/?env=row&lo ... 42.4451706

And we've been deleting some of those created over existing ones...

This is happening in countryside either regularly.
LeandroWoody75
Country Manager
Country Manager
 
Posts: 2224
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:04 pm
Location: São Paulo
Has thanked: 4110 times
Been thanked: 1543 times

Re: Bodies of water are now places!

Postby redviper26 » Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:27 am

Thanks guys, looking into it.
redviper26
Waze Team
Waze Team
 
Posts: 2232
Joined: Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:05 pm
Has thanked: 470 times
Been thanked: 2003 times

Re: Bodies of water are now places!

Postby asterix06 » Thu Apr 02, 2015 2:53 pm

Noam,
here another example
https://www.waze.com/livemap?lon=18.325 ... 61&zoom=16

could you send it for improvement ?


Thanks a lot
[ img ][ img ]
Iphone8+ Waze 4.43.0
Coordinator Waze Italy
Country Administrator Italy, CM China , CM Africa, Iran, Croatia, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Turchia.
Forum Administrator
asterix06
Coordinators
Coordinators
 
Posts: 4672
Joined: Sat Nov 14, 2009 9:23 am
Location: Italy
Has thanked: 1177 times
Been thanked: 2115 times

Re: Bodies of water are now places!

Postby redviper26 » Sun Apr 05, 2015 9:24 am

Hey Sikvio,

I see it's set up as a place - you guys can edit it as you see fit.

Thanks,

Noam
redviper26
Waze Team
Waze Team
 
Posts: 2232
Joined: Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:05 pm
Has thanked: 470 times
Been thanked: 2003 times

Re: Bodies of water are now places!

Postby IMDashti » Mon Apr 13, 2015 5:16 am

redviper26 wrote:the underwater issue is a complicated one and around the world - fixing it is slow.


It seems the fix is soooo slow. URs continue to come about land being underwater. I know that fixing the coastline of many places around the world is not an easy task. Why doesn't Waze seek the help of volunteer editors in every part of the world to complete the task quicker?
IMDashti
Area Manager
Area Manager
 
Posts: 85
Joined: Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:01 am
Location: Sabah al-Salem, Kuwait
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 11 times

PreviousNext

Return to Waze Map Editor

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Google Feedfetcher, Loafy_the_Wonder-Sled