Bodies of water are now places!

The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: Bodies of water are now places!

Postby james890526 » Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:05 am

IMDashti wrote:
redviper26 wrote:the underwater issue is a complicated one and around the world - fixing it is slow.

It seems the fix is soooo slow. URs continue to come about land being underwater. I know that fixing the coastline of many places around the world is not an easy task. Why doesn't Waze seek the help of volunteer editors in every part of the world to complete the task quicker?

IMDashti, there's nothing the editors can do. It's a Waze problem. Just like you don't ask an electrician to do a plumber's job :D
Best regards,
Zhong Zhen (james890526)

[ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ]

Waze Malaysia [ img ] [ img ]
james890526
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

Postby IMDashti » Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:17 am

There's a map layer that is not accessible to volunteer editors that is causing this problem. This layer seems to be only accessible to high-level editors at Waze the company. The task of fixing this layer seems to be overwhelming. This is why it is taking so much time to fix.

It is not like an electrician doing a plumber's job. It is like having to fix all electrical problems of a mega-city using only a handful of electricians.

I think Waze should find a way to expedite the fix because it is causing so much unnecessary URs from Wazers around the world.
IMDashti
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby FiatFrosty » Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:07 pm

It also doesn't make Waze seem very professional when I have to tell people who reported the problem that it is a known problem, but that we can't do anything about it until the Waze team fixes it.
[ img ]
Quebec Metro Area Manager
FiatFrosty
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby redviper26 » Sun Apr 19, 2015 7:50 am

I understand the frustration, but as always it's a priority issue - what affects the biggest number of users.
redviper26
Waze Team
Waze Team

Postby yajmai » Tue Apr 28, 2015 12:13 pm

I had a friend that I referred to Waze today. He took one look at the Sydney CBD and said "Why is the city underwater?"

After explaining the issue, he rightly replied: "Well if they can't even get the water right, why should I trust that they can navigate me properly?"

This is an issue that is hurting people's confidence in Waze, one that's akin to the negative publicity that Apple received for their Maps.

We know as power users and editors that Waze still works great as a guidance tool - but that's not the perception of new users right now.
yajmai

Postby redviper26 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:08 pm

I understand and we are working on a fix. Unfortunately it takes time, more than we would like. I'll keep you guys updated on any developments.

Thanks,

Noam
redviper26
Waze Team
Waze Team

Postby RodNav » Thu May 28, 2015 8:15 am

redviper26 wrote:I understand and we are working on a fix. Unfortunately it takes time, more than we would like. I'll keep you guys updated on any developments.

Thanks,

Noam

Could you not give a Country Manager or two the ability to make the changes in their country? I would be more than willing to tackle the large number of problem areas in South Africa.

A further issue you may not be aware of, is that the water areas are not seen as part of the country. This means that Country Managers cannot assist with any editing in those areas unless they driven there recently (I found that out when trying to downlock for someone). Surely that makes this a high priority issue?

Thanks
Rod
Country Manager for South Africa.
LG G2 (aka LG-D802), Android 4.4.2
[ img ]
RodNav
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

Postby redviper26 » Thu May 28, 2015 8:39 am

Hey Rod,

Thanks for your willingness to help! Unfortunately it's not something country managers can do, it's an infrastructure issue we need to handle. As you wrote, it's relevant to the borders issue as well. I'm afraid it will take time, but that can't be helped.

Thanks,

Noam
redviper26
Waze Team
Waze Team

Postby RodNav » Thu May 28, 2015 8:52 pm

redviper26 wrote:As you wrote, it's relevant to the borders issue as well. I'm afraid it will take time, but that can't be helped.

Ok, I understand. Thanks for the response.
When you say 'time', are we talking weeks or months? It would be useful to be able to respond to the numerous URs about this, with an approximate time period.

Thanks
Rod
Country Manager for South Africa.
LG G2 (aka LG-D802), Android 4.4.2
[ img ]
RodNav
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

Postby Olestas » Fri May 29, 2015 7:08 am

Waze is out of time :D
[ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ]