Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.
Post by krankyd
segments which are currently locked - their turns will now be locked as well.
Nodes (turn restrictions) that were edited on cartouche - are considered as locked and will remain as such.
Turn restrictions that were edited only on Papyrus - moving forward only.
krankyd
Send a message
wazing like a hurricane

Post by krankyd
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:Krankyd, one more follow-up: does this in any way affect the previously communicated state of basemap nodes/segments which show no allowed turns, but in fact are all allowed until an editor makes an adjustment? Do we still need to restrict ALL turns first before setting any allowed turns in order to disable all turns? This is how we've been operating for several months now.

This is following up on the same issue. In the old cartouche, changing one turn restriction will in fact affect all turns in that node, and you have to manually restrict all turns if you want to guarantee that it will in fact be forbidden.
In Papyrus this will be done in a smarter way, where you lock on the turns on the node relating to the segment whose turn you just edited. However, as right now this is not implemented - right now, if you want to guarantee that a turn is restricted, you have to make it so (or first turn all turns to restricted, and then open the allowed ones).
krankyd
Send a message
wazing like a hurricane

Post by krankyd
EDIT (Nov. 28th 2011) - this change has now gone live on both US and WORLD editors. See details below.
krankyd
Send a message
wazing like a hurricane

Post by mapcat
gettingthere wrote: Here were the before segment speeds in cartouche_old:

34/12 mph
39/27 mph

After combining:

37/1 mph

The 1 mph speed on one direction of the combined segment cannot be correct. If you look at the time on the original segments, it should have added 11 seconds and 13 seconds to total 24 seconds - NOT 806 seconds.
This is a known issue. Wiki

I also have observed that Waze knows you're close to an intersection, and will only generate "are you in traffic" prompts if you're stopped more than a few car lengths from it.
mapcat
Send a message
CM, USA/Canada ∙ iPhone 5 ∙ iOS 7.1

Post by petervdveen
Just add a junction every 50 meters :twisted:
petervdveen
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message
Coordinator Waze Netherlands

Click here to sign-up for slack, our communication platform

Contact by email: NL - BE - Lux - Benelux

Post by sagi
Changing the outgoing turn restrictions on a specific end of the segment, locks the *outgoing* turns from that segment on *that specific end* of the segment.

Locking the segment with "locked" checkbox, locks all the *outgoing* turns from that segment on both ends (this is not the same as saying it locks the nodes on both ends. Other turns on those nodes, turns that are not *outgoing* from this specific segment, are not locked)
sagi
Send a message

Post by sagi
krankyd was referring to the old cartouche editor. I'm referring to papyrus. His phrasing is indeed very misleading.
sagi
Send a message

Post by Shorty-CM
Something's not quite right with that explanation, because the intersection I used as an example in my latest email is actually one that we've had quite a few problems/bugs crop up with over the course of time that I've been using Waze and both someone from the Waze staff and I have edited this intersection many times during those investigations. I know 100% for sure that I personally edited the turn permissions myself last because I wasn't happy with how it was last edited and changed by the Waze staff, and quite some time ago now, (May of last year?) and only recently has it started ignoring turn restrictions there again and routing me against those restrictions.

https://www.waze.com/cartouche_old/?zoo ... 1=59433578

This intersection most definitely had its restrictions set manually by me for every single direction. But it has tried making me turn left from that segment. And has tried making me turn right from this segment:

https://www.waze.com/cartouche_old/?zoo ... 1=59613739

There are no turns allowed through that intersection from any direction, but Waze has ignored the restrictions lately. Anyways, just to make sure, I removed and reset all restrictions here again just now.
Shorty-CM
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message

Post by Shorty-CM
Because it is a controlled intersection.
Shorty-CM
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message

Post by Shorty-CM
And then every single time the light goes red there is going to be a traffic warning triggered. The junctions are there for many reasons, heh. And they will remain there.
Shorty-CM
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message