WME v1.10 Release - Official Feedback Thread

Post by
Hey everyone, a new editor version is here.

Changes:
  • You can now see who created or updated a closure, inside the closure dialog box
  • When browsing place update requests ('Next Place'), we will not show residential places
  • We now show the exact time an update request was created, and not just the date.
  • Minor updates to selected segments styling.
  • Redesigned 'my location' button.
  • It is now possible to copy map coordinates with Ctrl/Cmd+C
  • 'Select entire street' now works across roundabouts
  • Improved translations for restriction hours.
  • Some minor bug fixes related to closures
  • Fixed issues with duplicate house numbers on disconnected segments
  • Fixed an issue that could have caused cameras to become locked by mistake.
As always, please let us know if you have any feedback or experience any issues.

Happy editing! :) :) :)

POSTER_ID:12957716

Send a message

Post by afrenchpress
I'm having an issue where all my editable areas are gone and it doesn't connect to chat. I'm using Chrome / Windows 8.1.

I have multiple extensions in use, but when I go into incognito mode (while enabling those same extensions) it works.

Any thoughts?
afrenchpress
Send a message

Post by afrenchpress
BoredFish wrote:I am having a similar but different problem that is possibly related. With the "editable areas" checked the entire map is dark. I unchecked all other layers except editable areas, disabled all scripts and plug-ins and it does show a thing grey line outlining my driving areas. When zoomed in and layers turned back on I can still edit in these areas but the entire map is darkened making the edges of my editing area nearly indistinguishable from the rest of the map.

****Update

The above problem was in Firefox, after switching to Chrome the problem disappeared. Also noted that Firefox is forcing the url waze.com/en-GB/editor/
Whereas Chrome is using waze.com/editor/
Even taking out the "en-GB/" it redirects back to it.
My issue is in Chrome. I discovered that if I turn the Places layer off, everything is good again. But that means that I can't add places or deal with URs that need Place help.
afrenchpress
Send a message

Post by afrenchpress
Nimbus- wrote:
afrenchpress wrote:
BoredFish wrote:I am having a similar but different problem that is possibly related. With the "editable areas" checked the entire map is dark. I unchecked all other layers except editable areas, disabled all scripts and plug-ins and it does show a thing grey line outlining my driving areas. When zoomed in and layers turned back on I can still edit in these areas but the entire map is darkened making the edges of my editing area nearly indistinguishable from the rest of the map.

****Update

The above problem was in Firefox, after switching to Chrome the problem disappeared. Also noted that Firefox is forcing the url waze.com/en-GB/editor/
Whereas Chrome is using waze.com/editor/
Even taking out the "en-GB/" it redirects back to it.
My issue is in Chrome. I discovered that if I turn the Places layer off, everything is good again. But that means that I can't add places or deal with URs that need Place help.
Similar issue for me as well in both Chrome and Firefox. It only happens in one of my editable areas, however.
UPDATE**** Now everything seems to be working again for me.
afrenchpress
Send a message

Post by akiMarcelo
The (Overlapping road junction) is not working

Made all stages:
Select both segments
Click the "#"(Node idle.jpg) which should appear above the intersection

Note: It is not my first use this tool

Do not open windows "# "(note.idle.jpg)
akiMarcelo
Send a message
Attachments

Post by akiMarcelo
taco909 wrote:Do the elevations match?
When a segment is first drawn, and frequently freshly edited, it will appear at elevation "nul"
I've encountered this bug and it's always been due to one of the segments being at elevation nul or different from the other (whether intentionally or in error).

Remember, the "bridge" function also increases elevation by 1, so bridging a segment may prevent the creation of an intersection with another using the tool.
Thanks !
I do not seen the elevations !

:oops: :cry:
akiMarcelo
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
The new feature which allows non-contiguous selection of segments (through non-named roundabouts) is a huge pain in the ass in pretty much every other situation. No longer can you just select 10 contiguous segments which don't have a city name and should because they are within the city boundary. Now it also selects the 20 other segments which are outside the city limits and should remain with No City. Now you have to manually select the 10 segments. This is a big performance decrease, it more prone to cause errors, and should be reverted or should ONLY work near roundabouts. Other editors in chat have also complained about this.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
ohad-ron wrote:@Alan - not sure I understand, and not sure this is what we intended.
Can you please provide a permalink to a segment I can 'select entire street' from and see?
Ohad, I will make a video to show what we usually do and how the current non-contiguous selection functionality of "Select entire street" breaks this workflow.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
ohad-ron wrote:@Alan - not sure I understand, and not sure this is what we intended.
Can you please provide a permalink to a segment I can 'select entire street' from and see?
Ohad, here are two videos which exemplify the issue that Select entire street doesn't just "work" with segments connected with attributes, but selects all segments on the screen with the same name even when they are not connected to each other and no roundabouts are involved.

Both videos show how this significantly adversely impacts our editing workflow.

Example #1
[youtube][/youtube]

Example #2
[youtube][/youtube]
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
top_gun_de wrote:After pressing F5, the changes are saved, but the current position in WME is gone.
On this point only, this is the wrong way to reload the current map position.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AndyPoms
taco909 wrote:
Machete808 wrote:Anyone hear any intel on a delay in NA tile updates? INT has been daily, NA not since 5/27. I'm usually not this impatient, but there's a particular issue at the moment ... so i wondered.
5/27 was also delayed... 5/24 was the last before that.
I had done some paving and completed the work in WME on Saturday but it didn't render until Thursday. Only two small segments of the paving actually showed in the app after the 5/24 update.
I just had a freeway ramp shift this past weekend - I've done the update (it hasn't made it to the tiles yet), but have had at least one "pave" show up on the new path....
AndyPoms
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/f/ff/W ... 00k_6c.png
Waze Champ & Forum Moderator
USA Country Manager
Senior Area Manager: State of Connecticut
Wiki: Editing | Best Practices | FAQ