Post by taco909
SwenVandenberk wrote:
taco909 wrote: That function should be there.
Pending closures (those not yet active due to schedule, or those entered from the app by a low-level user and not yet confirmed) display in the WME closures layer with a grey icon.
Active closures show with a red icon.

Opening the closure option on the segment (L4+) will show if it is a 1-way or a 2-way, the person reporting the closure (if L1/2/3 then the closure came from the app since they do not have access to RTC)
The end date is often "1969" or some other date that makes no sense.

But I agree that having something more clearly displayed in WME as to whether the closure is from the app and not yet confirmed, or from the RTC system is a good idea.
Maybe, but an app closure is usually not complete, maybe one or two segments are reported while other segments stay open. Plus they do not stand out from other closures which are entered in WME and which most likely are complete.

That suggestion is to make clear in WME that an editor needs to take a closer look and complete the closure in that area.
I agree completely... Some way to make them stand out is an outstanding idea ;)

To add...
If an L4 or L5 editor adds an in-app closure to a segment locked above their level, it would be nice for them to be able to manually adjust that closure rather than having to seek out an unlock.
Sometimes I'll drop a closure, or see something that might warrant a UR, and if I have my notebook or tablet with me, I'll tether it to my phone and try to make the changes immediately on the side of the road.
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
Machete808 wrote:Anyone hear any intel on a delay in NA tile updates? INT has been daily, NA not since 5/27. I'm usually not this impatient, but there's a particular issue at the moment ... so i wondered.
5/27 was also delayed... 5/24 was the last before that.
I had done some paving and completed the work in WME on Saturday but it didn't render until Thursday. Only two small segments of the paving actually showed in the app after the 5/24 update.
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
AndyPoms wrote:
taco909 wrote:5/27 was also delayed... 5/24 was the last before that.
I had done some paving and completed the work in WME on Saturday but it didn't render until Thursday. Only two small segments of the paving actually showed in the app after the 5/24 update.
I just had a freeway ramp shift this past weekend - I've done the update (it hasn't made it to the tiles yet), but have had at least one "pave" show up on the new path....
The paves are appearing in Livemap and/or on the app?
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
AndyPoms wrote:
taco909 wrote:
AndyPoms wrote:I just had a freeway ramp shift this past weekend - I've done the update (it hasn't made it to the tiles yet), but have had at least one "pave" show up on the new path....
The paves are appearing in Livemap and/or on the app?
Editor.
Okay... Mine showed within a couple of hours.
Strange that they all appeared at the same time a few hours after the cutoff, and I completed the naming and edits within 30 minutes of that, but when the map updated on the 24th, only two small alleys appeared (and they were the last segments paved).
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
tsuzumasa wrote:I live in the countryside of Brazil and I frequently have to create long segments (from 5 up to 40km-long ones) connecting two existing roads. I start the new segment connecting to the first road, then I draw until I reach the second road, which is always a couple of visible screens away. The finishing end always connects correctly to the road, but the initial point is always disconnected. I have to go back to the starting point again and move it a little bit so that it connects to the first road. In the WME beta, as I connect the ending poing, it always gives me an alert that the other end is disconnected. It never happens when I create small segments: I always get both ends connected (so I actually know how to do it!). It only happens to long segments, when they span through more than one visible screen.
The "A" node not connecting is a common issue. It became a problem last August.
The warning that you are getting about the B node not being connected is not from WME, but rather from Validator. Validator does not look very far outside of the current screen, so if two ends of a segment are on different screens, it is typical for Validator to throw the "no connection" flag.

Please keep in mind that a Validator flag MAY indicate a problem. Not all Validator flags indicate issues that need to be fixed. If you verify that everything is correct, simply ignore Validator.
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
Olestas wrote:So, waze just published new Editor version and defaulted to Experimental roads with all their bugs? They still are not updating after change of type or geometry...
And worse, one of my favorite tools is gone.

I like(d) to run both layers.
It gave me the clear differentiation between street/plr/pvt/dirt, with the "old" layer underneath and just a bit wider to render the plr/dirt visible on top of pavement or dirt.

Now the "old" layer covers the new layer.
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
Twister-UK wrote:My fellow beta testers probably already know my feelings towards the new road layer - for the benefit of everyone else, I'm not what you'd call a fan... Leaving aside what I personally think are some really poor choices in how the layer is now styled, what I've particularly come to realise as my major gripe with it is quite simple.

As map editors, WME is our working environment, yet we get no say at all in how that environment appears to us.

Users of the app get to choose from a myriad of different colour themes, and with a little bit of behind the scenes furtling it's also possible to install third-party themes or even design your own tailored to your exact requirements. All of that control over the appearance of a map that then gets to sit in the corner of their windscreen/dashboard, getting the occasional glance to double check particular bits of the route ahead, but which (hopefully!) isn't being gazed at with near undivided attention for the whole duration of its use...

Meanwhile those of us who do gaze at the map for hours on end are required to submit to the stylistic whims of whichever person at WazeHQ decides how to style the road layer. Not only do Waze not give us any predefined choices (and no, the current situation of having both old and new layers isn't really a choice, as we know the intention is to do away with the old layer sooner or later) in how the map is styled, but the way in which it's rendered within the WME environment means we can't even tweak the styling ourselves. It's baked in, hardcoded, take it or leave it, you have no choice.
I think this is the root of a lot of frustration.
"Broken" issues make it into production, things are changed for no apparent reason, but which cause valuable scripts to malfunction (and are known about in beta)....

What is the point of having a beta program if the beta users (supposedly trusted and valuable users) are ignored.
Seeing this more and more on the app beta as well with some fairly rude responses on a few occasions blowing off issues when they are real problems.
If it's not a true bug but would be better as a suggestion, then fine, I can understand the recommendation to report is as an SUG. Likewise if it is a WME-specific thing (though many times there is overlap), but to blame it on something else is not right.
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
la-colle wrote:Hi,

since a few days when you are using google street view on the right side of WME, when you click on the picture (not on the arrow) to go forward, you go in fact in the reverse direction !!
All I'm getting is rotation. The cursor no longer forms a "dot" so it is impossible to "drive" the view to the desired location quickly... it's 10ft at a time clicking the arrow.
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
I've been getting that off and on for the last few weeks.
Most prevalent involving operations that involve adding a new segment ID and attaching that segment to another segment (thus creating 3 new segment IDs).

First it is a "Save error", then repeated save attempt results in the above message.
If instead I back out all operations (or refresh the browser, ignoring the "stay on page?" prompt), the save did in fact process.
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
paulkok_my wrote:Not sure I missed anything but I do remember that if a segment is connected to higher locked rank segment, you cannot change the turn restriction. But now it's possible to change the turn restriction.
Confirmed, but only turns FROM the segment that may be edited. I can't change restrictions from the higher level segment.
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich