Post by taco909
For the most part, I agree.
It is also helpful for finding segments with missing cardinals (or cardinals added to only a few segments), as you can "select entire street" and then zoom out to see any gaps in the selection, but even that is of limited use and it wasn't hard before... just go to the end of the selection and confirm whether or not that segment was different or just ignored because it was too far off of the screen.

Some kind of toggle to activate/deactivate this feature would be nice.
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
PesachZ wrote:It is also checking against residential places (which act like house numbers but are not tired to the closest segment). Search nearby for a residential place with the same street address.
??????? :shock:
We can't have a HN that duplicates a Place or a Place that dupicates a HN?
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
PesachZ wrote:Presumably when the layer ceases to be experimental it will replace the Roads layer, and work just as that layer works now.
<Not looking forward to removal of current roads layer>

The Experimental layer has some very nice aspects, but with some of the colors blending into the background, I prefer to keep the "normal" layer active, which provides a contrasting border on the new layer.

I really do like the ease of seeing the difference between PVT and PLR
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
BellHouse wrote:BUG:

The closure layer seems to interfere with refreshing the display of the editable area. As long as the closure layer is activated, the editable area marking does not always follow correctly when panning the map. When I disable the closure layer, this works perfectly. I have made a video demonstrating the issue.

I am using WME on Chrome, all extensions disabled (for this bug report 8-)).
Editable areas and display of URs.
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
PesachZ wrote:You can try to erase everything in the URL after "https://www.waze.com/editor". Then press enter on the URL, this will reload the page in the current location and not overwrite any layer or selection parameters.
I do that regularly, however, Monday night it was not reloading at the current location, but rather it was reloading at the last followed PL (including restoring layers that had been toggled)
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
OverlordQ wrote:Can we please get autcomplete="off" added to the form fields. Drives me crazy in Chrome when trying to fill in address information.
Not a horrible idea, but it needs to be optional. I use this for city and street information all the time.
Also, this is not the correct forum to post feature requests... this forum is for feedback on the operation of the latest version.

Suggestions/feature requests: viewforum.php?f=656
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
Was that screenshot from Livemap or the app?

Livemap and WME have been really flaky about displaying closures properly the last few weeks. I've had a number of closures that had been previously set not display at all, red or grey. Even so, the routing server (generally) routes around them... I have had a couple of URs, but not the number that I would expect from the oddities I've seen on the display.

Don't trust WME/Livemap without verifying in the app... that red closure that doesn't show on Livemap may display as active on the app.

But to your point, yes, there is an intermittent display problem with closures in WME ;)
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
They indeed should be grey... either newly added closures from the app that have not been "confirmed" by another user or those added through WME that have not reached the set start time.
Editor/user level seems to matter on in-app closures. We experimented a bit during a meetup and jemay was able to effect a closure on his own. Two L4s were also able to close a segment.

We didn't check to see if one L4 could and we didn't have a 3 at the meetup, but I have added closures that I have seen go live, but that doesn't mean that I wasn't simply confirming another user.
My wife added a closure and it remained grey.
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
tonestertm wrote:It would actually be nice if unconfirmed app closure submissions were a different color, altogether, like yellow. That way, they'd stand out, and call attention for editors to confirm.
Excellent idea.
Suggest it on Centercode and I'll vote for it.
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
SwenVandenberk wrote:There's an existing suggestion in Centercode to visualize in WME the closures reported through the app:
* SUG-0661 - Create User Reports in the WME for multi-day closures reported through the app

Centercode might not be the correct place to report that suggestion, but there might be something needed in the app as well to get it visible in WME so I thought it couldn't hurt...
That function should be there.
Pending closures (those not yet active due to schedule, or those entered from the app by a low-level user and not yet confirmed) display in the WME closures layer with a grey icon.
Active closures show with a red icon.

Opening the closure option on the segment (L4+) will show if it is a 1-way or a 2-way, the person reporting the closure (if L1/2/3 then the closure came from the app since they do not have access to RTC)
The end date is often "1969" or some other date that makes no sense.

But I agree that having something more clearly displayed in WME as to whether the closure is from the app and not yet confirmed, or from the RTC system is a good idea.
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich